Your Best Wedge Wire Screen Supplier In China
Filson Wedge Wire Screen, also named johnson wedge wire screen, wedge wire filter screen, consists of rigid support rods and profile wires. Fabricated by cutting, shaping, grinding and polishing, Filson produces the highest-quality wedge wire screens.
Filson wedge wire screen has a v-shaped profile forming a continuous slot to ensure a large open area. Meanwhile, the support rods are available in wedge wires to provide strong support for Filson johnson wedge wire screen.
There are only two contact points between retained particles and slot of Filson wedge wire screen. This unique structure allows to reduce the screen clogging and improve the efficiency of back-washing process.
Wedge Wire Screen
Why Choose Filson Wedge Wire Screen?
- Extensive Expertise
All Filson sales, engineers and worker teams have rich design-experience and advanced wedge wire screen manufacture technology in manufacturing your wedge wire screens.
- Faster Turnover Times
Filson has already built an efficient working process, from quoting phase to producing and shipping. And we have adequate wedge wire screen for sale to satisfy your urgent need.
- Perfect Packing
Filson guarantees all your items are wrapped with plastic bubble then put in our custom designed wooden cases, to prevent any damage during transport.
Filson: Specialist Wedge Wire Screen Manufacturer
Filson wedge wire screen can be made in various different configurations: standard wound, external axial, inverted wrap, internal axial, reverse formed. These designs will achieve the optimum balance of strength, opening area, abrasion resistance and filtration efficiency.
Filson manufactures wedge wire screen with stainless steel, duplex SS, titanium, Nickel, Monel or other materials on request. With excellent mechanical strength and high pressure resistance, Filson johnson wedge wire screens will efficiently avoid excessive expansion, deformation or leaking problems.
Compare to regular metal mesh screen, Filson johnson wedge wire screen offers larger filtration area for 60% of total area at most. Therefore, it can achieve high-flow filtration with an extended cleaning cycle to reduce machine downtime.
Filson supplies wide types of wedge wire screens, such as wedge wire screen panels, sieve bend screen, DSM screen, cone and basket wedge wire screen. Among them, the wedge wire screen panels can be used alone or embedded in the reactor, while sieve bend screens are more suitable for uninterrupted solid-liquid separation processes.
You can utilize the slot spacing on both sides of Filson wedge wire screen to control filtration density. It provides absolute rating of 15-300μm with 96% efficiency, and the outer diameter ranges from 25mm to 914mm to create more flexible space.
Standard slot size range of Filson wedge wire filter screen is 0.001”-0.625”. According to your special filtration requirement, we can also offer a individual wedge wire screen design with different slot size. Any other specifications like wire height, screen width can also be customized.
If you choose Filson johnson wedge wire screen, you will obtain a product which can be cleaned easily as its single layer structure. Usual cleaning methods is water jetting and gas blow. Back washing is permitted, too.
Filson is one of the best wedge wire screen suppliers in China, as we have been focusing on manufacturing high quality wedge wire screen for over a decade. Our specialized engineer team and complete production line allows us to offer fast service to customers in Canada, America, Europe, Australia…
Each wedge wire filter screen from Filson is certified by Quality Management System ISO 9001 with competitive price. In comparison to other wedge wire manufacturers, Filson pays more attention on quality control of the production process before delivery.
Any product you interested? Please do not hesitate to contact Filson at +86 157 3695 8886 or send an email to email@example.com! We are always here to help you solve wedge wire filtration problem!
Filson Wedge Wire Screen Specifications:
- Raw material: SS304, SS316L, SS347, Duplex SS, Alloy 20, Hastelloy, Titanium, Monel 400
- Slot size range: 0.001”–0.625”
- Length: 6000mm
- Wedge Wire Sizes: 2.2 × 3.0 mm, 2.3 × 3.0 mm, 3.0 × 4.6 mm, 3.0 × 5.0 mm…
Filson Wedge Wire Screen Features&Benefits:
- Uniform slots and high filtration precision
- A larger circulation area compared with other screens
- Smooth wedge-shaped cross section
- Available for back wash/blow
- High mechanical strength
- Strong corrosion resistance
- High temperature resistance
- Large flow rate and high-pressure resistance
- Easy to clean with long lasting time
Filson Wedge Wire Screen Applications:
- Waste water treatment
- Pulp and paper industry
- Chemical industry
- Petrochemical industry
- Water supply system
- Mineral and aggregate processing
- Plastics extrusion
- Machine coolant filtration
- Architectural industry
People Also Ask
Screening has a wide range of definitions, but in this case, it refers to the process or practice of sorting materials into multiple grades.
This is mainly done via particle sizes in mechanical screening.
A wire screen is required for successful screening, and a wedge wire screen is one of the products utilized in this procedure.
Wedge Wire Screen
Therefore, a wedge wire screen is a wedge-shaped or V-shaped multipurpose screen.
It is characterized by toughness and clogging resistance, and the slots are formed by arranging the triangular-shaped wedge wires at equal intervals.
This formation is usually suitable for use in various applications such as filtration, solid-liquid separation, classification, dewatering, and many other possible applications.
You can also define it as a metal filter product with high mechanical strength and a self-supporting structure comprising two parts.
These parts include:
- A V-shaped profile wire. This filtering surface plays a significant role when separating materials in an industry such as oil wells. It can be customized according to your requirements.
- A T-shaped support rod or also triangular shape. This is welded via the ring fusion welding process and offers support to the screen to make it functional and effective.
A Wedge Wire Screen
For a wedge wire to be fully functional, certain features are vital.
Usually, you will find these screen surfaces fixed into technological machines such as dehydration troughs and slides, drainage bottoms.
Besides, you also find even fermentation reactors, among other applications in various ways.
Some of these features make it more effective in these applications, and without them, it would be impossible for the wedge wire screen to perform efficiently.
The known features of a wedge wire screen are therefore as follows:
- The triangle shape is among the most significant features of a wedge wire screen. It is essential since it prevents clogging and ensures excellent maintainability.
- The contact points are small, and the tips are widened to allow solids to pass through easily without clogging. In case they do clog, there is normally a strong backwashing effect, making it easy to maintain.
- It is corrosive-resistant since the screen surface is smooth, making the degree of wear constant.
- High strength and durability. This is attributed to the smooth surface and the standard stainless steel material used to manufacture the screen.
Other features could, however include;
- Has a large open area.
- Reduced pressure on the inside.
- Better hydraulic efficiency
- Easy to clean.
Wedge Wire Screen Offers A Large Surface And Is Easy To Clean
Not all companies or industries use the same wedge wire screens since different types perform different functions.
To some extent, some are even customized based on customer’s requirements so that they can perform a specific function.
Therefore, you can find a type that suits your need. However, the common ones include:
Due to variability in the shape of loop profile wires and that of the welded profile wire, various slotted cylinders can be easily produced together.
This is alongside other shaped slotted surfaces for specific functions.
Their nature makes them easy to maintain as they are irreplaceable even during the processes of dewatering, thickening, screening, and filtration.
A Slotted Wedge Wire Screen
Welded Wedge Wire Screens
They are made of wedge-shaped wires that are welded on crosswise profiled wires.
Their characteristics include;
- High accuracy of a slot width.
- Smooth working surface.
Additionally, you can always change the shape of the wedge wire. This usually depends on the nature and abrasiveness of the screening material.
Also, welded wire screens can be customized and specially designed for certain applications. However, they require professionals to weld them to beams at certain angles.
Welded Wedge Wire Screen Made From Stainless Steel
Sieve Bends And Flat Screen
Are mostly applicable in high-capacity filtrations.
Such screens allow water to drop through the screen for collection from all angles.
Solids can always slide over through the process.
They’re perfect for sewage separation and dewatering systems.
Sieve Bend That Is Best Suited In Dewatering Systems
Resin Trap Screens
These are generally used in housing and help prevent media from downstream flowing.
There are a number of questions surrounding the various types of filtration media.
As such it’s important to understand that there are endless and different kinds of materials that you can use.
These include materials such as metal, fiber, paper, polymer, and even ceramic.
Depending on your filtration needs and application, these materials can be formed and designed to fit your company’s purpose.
The issue on the various materials sparks the question on the difference between wedge wire and woven wire screens. Below is a detailed explanation of the same.
Wedge Wire Screen
A wedge wire screen is a metalic filter product having a self-supporting construction comprised of two sections (a V-shaped profile wire and a T-shaped support rod).
Notably, it also has great mechanical strength.
The wires are usually welded to the support rod.
Also, the materials that are being screened here flows through the formed slots/mesh.
The surface in contact with the liquid is the smooth side and has V-shape bottom.
The filter is constructed accordingly with the support structure on the opposite side of the incoming material.
This way, it can support the media while staying out of the path of the flow.
It mostly takes cylindrical shapes or panels. Typically, cylinder size has a diameter of between 1 – 36 microns and can be of any length.
- Oil filtration.
- Fertilizer industry
- Solids from wastewater
Moreover, it has benefits which include;
- Resistance to corrosion and clogging.
- Well sized slots for efficient filtration.
- Easy to clean surface enabled by smooth filtration.
- High strength and durability.
Woven Wire Mesh
It is also known as woven wire cloth (it is woven on a loom the same way clothes are) or woven wire fabric.
It is a type of screen woven of metal wires which go in two typical directions, that is shute and warp.
Woven Wire Mesh
Arguably, it is also the most common screen applicable in every industry. Woven wire mesh is made up of steel wires which can either be hard steel or stainless-steel wires.
Different types of woven wire screens exist due to the different weaving methods used to make them.
These various types of woven wire screens are mostly used on vibrating screens.
It is applicable in:
- Sifting and sizing
- Architectural applications to satisfy aesthetical desires
- Pest control
- Livestock cages
- Can also be used as ventilation screens
- Air and water filters also require this kind of screen
- Oil, air, and fuel filters.
Some of its benefits include;
- Useful in ventilation as it allows a steady and uninterrupted flow of air.
- The high-speed looms and high-quality wires lead to very precise openings which are also accurate.
- You can easily form the material in different shapes and specifications without interfering with accuracy, making it flexible.
- It is easy to clean and reuse.
With the information above, you can readily compare the two in various ways, demonstrating that while they appear to be similar, they are not.
Therefore, in comparison, we will look at the following categories:
The wedge wire screen is inherently more durable because it comprises heavier components and wire than the finer and lighter material used in woven wire mesh.
However, the durability of woven wire mesh cannot be increased, but it can be strengthened through different processes such as lamination or the addition of protection structures.
The wedge wire screen has a larger micron rating of 30 microns compared to that of a woven wire mesh with a micron rating of 5 microns.
However, when filtering finer materials, the woven wire mesh takes the lead since it provides for exact control over opening sizes that aren’t visible to the naked eye.
On the other hand, these materials can be manufactured with big apertures if needed, which is largely dependent on the intended usage. As a result, each type can be manufactured with the most precise pore diameters for accurate filtration.
When planning to use any metallic filter media, expect to spend more because of the special requirements that pertain to the pressure and even harsh environments.
Even though wedge wire and woven wire screens are costly, the wedge wire screen is typically more expensive than a woven wire mesh. This is because of the volume of metal used, the cost of equipment, and the slow production used in the production process.
The lifespan of a filter can be defined as how long a filter can operate between cleanings, the number of times it can be cleaned, and how long the filter will last in its operating conditions.
Because wedge wire screens are typically larger, they can easily be cleansed hence serve longer. On the contrary, the woven wire mesh has finer delicate wires and serve for a shorter time.
In as much as the woven wire mesh can be cleaned and maintained, they are still at higher risk of wear and tear.
Other areas of comparison are:
In conclusion, the wedge wire and the woven wire cloth may seem to be similar in nature and use, but they truly do have many differences.
You should also know that there isn’t a perfect filtration media, but the right media you choose will depend on your application and your system’s needs.
Therefore, make it a responsibility to check all the pros and cons of each to enable you to choose the ideal one that meets filtration needs.
Below are the benefits of a wedge wire filter screen:
- A good construction strength.
- Longer service life. This usually depends on the material used and, in most cases, stainless steel.
- It is non-clogging. This is enabled by the V-shaped section plane of the screen, which creates the continuous slot, preventing any blockage from occurring.
- A larger filtering area. With the other consecutive slots having a wider open area, the screen can reduce the speed of the incoming water, consequently screen lowering the pressure.
This way, it can control the refuse (could be sand) better.
- We can tailor the connections and features to meet the needs of individual customers.
- It is corrosion resistance hence reducing the wear and tear of the screens, which makes it cost-effective as well.
- The wedge wire screen maximizes the flow rate as compared to other filters of equal dimensions.
When manufactured, the wedge wire screens take a triangular shape but have various ranges in height, width, and diameters on their planes.
The standard shapes of wedge wire screens include:
- Wedge wire screen panel – These are mostly used as vibrating screen floor and mesh. They feature a triangular surface profile.
- Wedge wire screen tube – It comprises a working profile and a support profile, with the support profiles welded on the working profiles.
- Wedge wire sieve bends – They offer good screening, dewatering, and sizing due to their large surface area. Their application is mostly in the chemical, coal, and food industry.
- Wedge wire nozzles – They are widely used in the water treatment industry for screening and filtration due to their high filtering and non-clogging capabilities.
- Wedge wire lateral assemblies – These are the lateral wedge wire screens with either a threaded or flanged end.
Various Wedge Wire Shapes
The opening area of a wedge wire screen is an important characteristic because it determines the product’s efficiency.
The efficiency can be calculated by determining the opening area of the needed wedge wire screen, and only after that can the right profile wire size be chosen.
Its calculation is not complicated; rather, it is as follows;
Open area rate = slot size/ (slot size + width of the V- wire)
Note: Wire strength should be considered as well because of the need for a large opening area.
In these modern times, stainless steel wedge wire screens are widely used and in various industries. They can also be customized according to customers specifications and be used for/in:
- Water intake screen in a nuclear plant. This is because of its high precision filtration performance.
- Brewing industry.
- The wedge wire screen baskets are used for centrifugal dewatering equipment.
- Food and beverage industry
- Mining and quarrying
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Oil refineries and extrusion.
- Architectural applications.
A Waterfall With A wedge Wire Screen Installed
Different materials can be used to make wedge wire screens. But there are those materials that, if used, make the screen durable and easy to maintain.
They should also be of specific grades, such as the AISI 304 and AISI 316.
Some of these materials include:
- 300 Series Stainless Steel
- 400 Series Stainless Steel
- 2205 Duplex Stainless Steel
- Phosphor bronze
- Carbon Steel
- Nickel alloys such as Hastelloy, Inconel, and Monel 400
The common materials used in the construction of wedge wire screens are either carbon or stainless steel. The best steel grades used in abrasive and corrosive conditions for wedge wire screens include:
- AISI 304/304LAISI
- AISI 430
If a wedge wire screen features a radial flow configuration, it means that the fluid will flow along the radii of the wedge wire screen.
On the other hand, an axial flow configuration translates to the fluid flowing parallel to the axis of the wedge wire screen.
In the world of filtration media, there is no perfect media that can serve all your filtration needs. This is because each industry requires a specially designed filter/screen.
With the many filter products available, customers have preferences, and the wedge wire screen is one of the commonly used filtration media in various industries. However, it has different types, thus the need for you to make a careful selection.
You will, therefore, need certain vital factors that will guide you in choosing the most suitable wedge wire screen. Below are some of the considerations to make when choosing a wedge wire screen.
- Slot size. The wedge wire screen should have the right slot size to achieve your desired goal during screening.
There are slotted and square apertures, triple shuts, and many others to choose from. Make sure you select the one applicable to your industry.
- With the variety of wedge wire screens, some are costly than others.
You should thus consider your budget and preference, then choose a cost-effective filter product.
- Material used.
If the wedge wire screen is made of stainless steel, then the following are the merits;
- High abrasion resistance results in longer life.
- It will be resistant to chemicals and atmospheric corrosion making it durable.
- Stainless steel has got a mechanical strength that is unaffected by high heat.
- Stainless steel can easily be cleaned.
Vibrating screens exert a great strain on screens. The high elastic limit of high carbon wire and its great strength prevents wire fractures even when the wires are worn. You can thus opt for a wedge wire screen with high carbon.
Other materials used include copper, brass, and aluminum, suitable for making wedge wire screens.
A Stainless Wedge Wire Screen For Filtration
Besides serving different functions in a specific system, wedge wire screens can also be specially designed for several industries.
Their application normally depends on the nature, type of the wedge wire screen, and industry requirement.
Therefore, some of the common industries that use wedge wire screens include:
- Nuclear power plants
- Brewing and distillery industry
- Sewage treatment plant
- Sugar industry
- Oil refineries
- Pharmaceutical factory
- Oil extraction companies
- Coal mining companies
- Plastics extrusion
- Desalination of seawater
- Water supply
There are different types of wedge wire screens. However, most of them have basic functionality, but you can always get the wedge wire screen suitable for your company.
Because of this, their prices vary from one type to another. The price of the wedge wire screen is dependent on;
- The use/application.
- The size of the company.
- Size of the wedge wire screen.
- Customers’ specifications.
But generally, the prices are fair, ranging from $22 to $50,000.
When specifying wedge wire screens, you should consider the following:
- The support rod should have a width between 2.0mm and 3.0mm and a height of between 2.1mm to 6.0mm.
- The pore size should range between 0.01mm to 5.0mm. This should be formed based on the requirements of the customer.
- Material type used should be stainless steel (AISI 304).
- Length – The wedge wire screen cylinder should be 5m long.
- Open area – It should have an open area of 55%.
- The end connections of the wedge wire screen can either be welded or flanged.
Quality control can be achieved via the following:
- An inspector from your supplier should check the dimensions of the wedge wire screen before distribution to ensure that it is suitable for use.
- Through the inspection of the production process of the wedge wire screen. This can be done by a third party chosen by the manufacturer.
- Inspection of wedge wire screen by ultrasonic to check if there is any flaw in the screen.
- The thickness of the wedge-shaped surface can be inspected to determine if it fits the customer’s specifications.
A wedge wire screen is a multipurpose metal mesh used in screening and even filtration. It mainly consists of a V-shaped wire surfaces profile wrapped and welded onto a support profile.
The V-shaped wires are accurately arranged to form the slot through which the filtrate flows. The surface profiles’ position, therefore, determines the direction of flow to the T-shaped support profiles.
Therefore, wedge wire screens are either flow- in -to- out or flow- out -to- in to filter and backwash.
Yes, wedge wire screens can be customized depending on the requirements of a customer. Therefore, depending on your needs and use, we can design and manufacture a suitable size for you.
There is no standard slot size for wedge wire screens. Normally, there is the minimum and the maximum slot sizes depending on the use or need.
The minimum slot size is 0.01 mm and the maximum slot size is 10mm. However, when choosing a wedge wire screen, you should consider your needs and the application system which will help you choose a corresponding slot size.
Wedge wire screens slots ought to have a tight tolerance over their entire length. Advisably, the tolerance should be +/- 15 microns.
The primary parts of a wedge wire screen include the
- Support rod – Which holds the wedge wires
- Wedge wire – These are the major components and cover a large surface of the wedge wire screen.
- Weld – Holds the wedge wire to the support rod
- Frame – The entire structure of the wedge wire screen.
- Slot – The space between each wedge wire
Primary Parts Of A Wedge Wire Screen
The key difference between a wedge wire screen and a wedge screen tube is that a wedge is in their shape.
Notably, a wedge wire screen can be in any shape, such as planes, whereas wedge wire screens are cylindrical.
Both wedge wire screen and oil well screen work in the same way and can be adjusted to meet the needs of the customer.
Wedge wire screens are unique filtration and screening elements that are widely used in various industries today.
It has a wedge-shaped wire profile that is wrapped and mounted onto a T- shaped support rod.
It has gaps/slots that allow liquid to pass while any large particles remain on the other side of the wire profile.
The gaps are continuous along the entire filter length, preventing unwanted particles or debris from passing. This thus allows for efficient filtration.
Cleaning is also made easy as the wedge wire screens have a backflushing mechanism that leaves the surface clean, saving on labor and reducing downtime.
A Wedge Wire Screen Being Applied In An Agricultural Field
Wedge wire screens require little to no maintenance. Usually, the wedge wire screens have a robust backwash mechanism which reduces the chances of clogging.
With no clogging, there won’t much need to maintain your wedge wire screen. However, if you need to clean the wedge wire screen, you can do the following.
- Have with you wipes or soft towels
- Also, buy professional stainless steel detergents.
- Repeatedly wipe the surface of the wedge wire screen with the slightly damp soft towels.
- If the stains are stubborn, you can add the professional detergents in warm water then wet the soft towels with the mixture. Then, continue with the repeated wiping.
- Finally, you will wipe it with a clean dry towel after the stains come out.
For any questions or inquiry about wedge wire screen, contact FilSon Filters now.