String Wound Filter Cartridge
Filson string wound filter cartridge also called string wound filter is designed for efficiently removing dirt, rust and sediment from water. It is a low-cost liquid filter cartridge offering excellent depth filtration and strong chemical resistance.
Filson string wound filter cartridge is made with five kinds of material media, include cotton string wound filters, PP string wound filter cartridges, nylon string water filters, polyester string wound water filters, and glass string wound sediment filters. All above string filters can be with polypropylene, stainless steel or tin steel inner core.
Filson String Wound Filter Cartridges
Filson string wound filter cartridges are available in several particle retentions, filter ratings and lengths to meet your requirements.
Multiple string wound cartridge lengths, including 5,10,20,30,40 inch, are offered to fit existing water filter vessels and minimize change-out time when replacing most water filter cartridge brands.
Compared to other string wound cartridge filter manufacturers, Filson string wound sediment filters adopt single-strand continuous winding process for consistent quality, high particulate retention and reduced bypass.
During the production process, the wrap is usually brushed, thus providing increased working area whilst maintaining the rigid structure.
All Filson string wound filter cartridges get through integrity test in our lab to deliver the best filtration performance.
Micron ratings from 0.5 to 150 microns to meet required cleanliness levels.
Filson string wound 5 micron filter and 20 micron are the most popular sizes for drinking water applications.
As a string wound filter manufacturer with more than 15 years of experience, Filson can keep your water system contamination-free by being your OEM partner in string wound filter cartridges.
If you need string wound filter replacement cartridge, like Pall, Domnick Hunter, Eaton, Pentek, GE Osmonics…, Filson string wound filter is a better choice for you.
Materials of Filson String Filter
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Bleached or Natural Cotton
- Glass Fiber
Inner Support Core:
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Stainless Steel
- Tinned Steel
Features of Filson String Wound Filter
- Depth and absolute filtration
- Custom constructions and particle retentions
- O-ring/end cap options available
- FDA standard PP cartridges are available for food&beverage applications
- High temperature and chemical compatibilityto meet a wide variety of applications
- Multiple length cartridges to fit existing housings and replace most brands
- Large dirt holding capacity with long life
String wound filter cartridges VS melt blown filter cartridges
- Filson wound filter cartridges has a significant larger effective surface area than melt blown filter cartridges, due to the overlapping characteristics of the wound wires.
- A core is required for string wound filter cartridge structural firmness. Filson melt blown filter cartridges do not require a core because the fiber is very firm itself. Certainly, a core can be added for additional structural strength or higher temperature resistance.
- Filson string wound water filter cartridges are exceptionally useful for surfacewater filtration, such as river water, wastewater and process Filson melt blown filter cartridges are especially effective in spring water and city water, RO filtration and pharmaceutical processes
Applications of Filson String Wound Filter
- Process water
- Sea water desalination
- RO/DI pre-filtration
- Beverage processes
- Liquid clarification filtration
- Plating baths filtration
- Chemicals Filtration
- Acids & Alkali Filtration
- Filter Rating: 0.5 -150 µm, others on request
- Length: 5″, 10″, 20″, 30″, 40″
- Inner Diameter: 28 mm
- Outer Diameter: 62 mm/114 mm
- Max. Differential Pressure: 2.5 bar
- Max. Working Temperature: 180°C–PP, 160°C –Cotton, 400°C-Glass fiber) 121°C- Polyester