Your Reliable Sparger Supplier in China
Filson sparger is a carefully-designed device used to distribute gases into liquids. It achieves its superior performance by thousands of tiny pores on its surface. So when Filson sparger works, many small bubbles are created.
With the support of advanced sintering technology, Filson has the ability to construct spargers into various dimensions. And we are now possessing a full range of spargers including sintered metal sparger, orifice sparger, ring sparger, frit sparger, etc.
Filson is a customer-oriented company that is dedicated to designing and manufacturing excellent spargers based on customers’ requirements. If you have the need for a high-quality sparger, Filson is here to come up with solutions for you all the time.
Why Choose Filson Sparger
Filson has been exploring the field of sintered metal products for over 20 years. At present, Filson has mastered the core technology of sintering and can be applied to sparger manufacturing.
Filson spargers have been exported to the whole world, including more than 30 countries. Our customers include all kinds of companies, industries, factories, and some university laboratories. Filson sparger solutions exist in the market from biopharmaceuticals to food and beverage, and many other productions.
Filson is a company with endless energy and innovation. For the past few years, Filson is committed to enhancing the capability of sparger engineering and upgrading the existing equipment and project.
Filson always concentrates on every detail of sparger manufacturing process. We promise to design and manufacture your sparger complying with strict standards to ensure and control the final quality of your order.
Premier Sparger Choice for Your Application
Filson sparger is an ideal device to transfer gases to liquids. It is mostly used for mixing and dissolution of gases in a reactor or other applications were needed to transfer gas. Formed through a sintering process, Filson sparger is featured with rigid and robust construction and good mechanical strength.
Filson Sintered Porous Metal Media
Filson, with rich experience, is an expert infiltration. We are confident to provide you with the highest quality spargers at a competitive price. Under the support of advanced sintering furnaces and a professional engineer team, Filson can fully assist you with any sparger projects.
Filson Sintered Porous Sparger for Laboratory Fermenter
Filson spargers can be the preferred option for all kinds of industrial applications, such as chemical processing, fermentation, fermentation, beer brewing, and so on. It allows you to distribute gases to the target liquids economically and effectively.
Gas Sparging Effect
Filson sparger is mainly made of different grades of stainless steel, among which stainless steel 304 and 316L are the most frequently-used materials. And the standard porous media for Filson sparger is 316L which provides excellent corrosion resistance and high-temperature capability up to 400℃.
Besides, other materials are available on special requirements. Except for 304 SS and 316L, Filson also constructs spargers with 347 SS,430 SS, Inconel 600, Monel 400, Nickel 200, Hastelloy C-276, and other alloys.
Overall Filson Sintered Sparger Types
For decades, Filson focuses on how to maximize the sparger efficiency. Now, due to the constant development of sintering equipment, Filson porous metal sparger is here to provide a uniform hole distribution and high porosity with outstanding permeability.
Formed by well-choose materials and manufactured under optimized process conditions, Filson sparger is sturdy and capable to be applied to high alkali and acid environments and able to withstand differential pressure exceeding 3000psid. Also, long service life is offered for repeated use.
Reaction of Sparger in Bioreactor
Sometimes, it’s difficult to transfer gases, like oxygen and carbon dioxide, in bioreactor and fermenter systems. Especially for oxygen, it is poorly soluble in water. At this time, the adoption of a Filson sparger can easily solve the problem.
Filson sparger greatly increases the transfer rates in bioreactors and fermenters. The thousands of uniform pores introduce gases into the reactor. Millions of tiny bubbles are created during the operation process which effectively increases the gas to the liquid contact area and thus, realizes the optimal transfer efficiency.
Sintered Metal Sparger for High Mass Transfer Reaction Efficiency CAD
Compared to the traditional gas transferring method, Filson sintered sparger provides smaller and more bubbles during the working period. The smaller the bubbles are, the larger the contact area with liquid is achieved. On the other hand, Filson sparger saves the gas using to some extent.
The versatile functions allow Filson sparger to be widely used for a large variety of applications. In the meantime, it is determined that the gas media can be varied according to the distinct purpose. The common gases can be nitrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide, hydrogen, and other media available according to your application.
Sintered Stainless Steel Sparger for Your Application
Filson sparger can be made into standard type and custom type. Spargers in standard dimensions are in stock for immediate delivery to meet your urgent use. But for a custom type, it’s possible for us to deliver within 20 working days.
If you are interested in Filson sparger or if there is any doubt about the size, material, function, or other specifications, do not hesitate to contact us today. Filson specialized representatives will respond as soon as possible.
Sparger in Operation Process
You may find a suitable sparger solution by following ways:
Call: 86 – 157 3695 8886
Filson is looking forward to being your sparger partner in the future!
Filson Sparger Function:
- Transfer specific gas into target liquid
- Reduce the gas usage and minimize the costs
- Realize full mixture of gas and liquid inside a reactor
- Create tiny and numerous bubbles
- Distribute gases uniformly for complete dissolution
Filson Sparger Feature:
- Uniform pore distribution for high transfer efficiency
- Good air permeability with high porosity
- High mechanical strength to withstand harsh condition
- Excellent corrosion resistance to be applied to chemical environments
- Robust construction due to advanced sintering technology
- High temperature and pressure resistance
- Optional micron ratings for the needs of your different application
- Careful design for flexible connections
- Easy to install and remove
- Easy to clean and maintenance
Filson Sparger Specification:
- Construction material: stainless steel, titanium, Inconel, Monel, Nickel, Hastelloy
- Micron rating: 0.2 – 100μm(usually 0.5-12μm, more selections available based on needs)
- Sparger length: 6 – 48inch
- Porous element length: 1 – 4inch
- Operating temperature: up to 787℃
- Working pressure: up to 3.4MPa(for reference only, usually 0.2 – 2MPa)
- Connection: NPT threads, straight tube, flange, sanitary connections
Filson Sparger Application:
- Water treatment
- Wine production
- Beer production
- Chemical production
- Oil and gas
- Food and beverage
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Pulp and paper
People Also Ask
A sparger is an industrial tool used to introduce gases into liquids in different process applications, such as bioreactor, fermenter, chemical processing, food and beverage, and beer brewing. Usually, spargers are manufactured by a sintering process and can be used as diffusers.
Sparger, after a strictly-controlled manufacturing process, is featured with good mechanical strength to withstand high pressure up to 3.4MPa. Like other sintered metal media, sintered metal sparger also provides excellent temperature and corrosion resistance to fit any industrial applications.
Filson Professional Sparger for Your Application
As sparger production is produced and sintered with your required metal powder, it has the ability to handle the distinct condition of your specific application. During the operation process, a high-speed stream of aimed gas(like oxygen, carbon dioxide) is jetted through the pipe to the core part—sparger.
Due to the special sintering technology, sparger is endowed with thousands of pores. These pores are controlled in even and uniform size to allow gas to pass through. When sparger works, millions of fine bubbles are created to be seen. By fully contacting the target liquid, the gas is greatly dissolved into the liquid.
During the aerobic cultivation process in a bioreactor, the purpose of the sparger is to supply adequate oxygen to the growing cells.
Generally, the sparger is equipped at the bottom of the bioreactor. The purpose of the realization of a sparger is up to the tiny bubbles generated by the operation process. If the sparger is located at the bottom of the bioreactor, the contact area and reaction time between gas and liquid is increased as bubbles rise up to the surface of the liquid.
The design of an industrial sparger is really vital for the manufacturing process. Here are the basic steps of designing a sparger:
- Determine the suitable bubble size for your application. It directly influences the gas diffusion efficiency of your sparger.
- Know well about the pressure and flow parameters for process gas and liquid.
- The most important step in designing a sparger for the engineers is to calculate the required surface area for optimal gas exit velocity.
- The final step is to choose a proper connection type to fit your existing system.
If you still have problems, you are welcome to contact Filson for answers.
Sparger Location in a Bioreactor
Filson, with rich experience in the filtration field, has become one of the professional suppliers and manufacturers of spargers in China. We are now carrying a full range of spargers in different types and dimensions.
Here are the main types of our sparger:
- Sintered metal sparger/sintered sparger/porous sparger
- Stainless steel sparger(material can be changed according to your needs)
- Ring sparger
- Frit sparger
- Micro sparger
- Tank sparger
- Sparger in reactor
- Sparger in bioreactor/bioreactor sparger
- sparger in fermenter
Also, Filson provides replacement sparger of other leading brands, just send the specifications.
Filson Different Types of Sintered Sparger
Sparger is a vital device to support your applications. Equipping a high-efficiency and cost-effective will greatly improve the gas transfer rate and bring benefits as follows:
- The increased contact area between gas and liquid
- Reduced gas consumption for maximum cost savings
- Cleanable by both chemical and physical methods
- Less operation time for gas to dissolve into liquid
- Available to be applied to various environments
- High gas diffusion rate to benefit your application
Those are some advantages of using a sparger, more benefits are to be found by putting the sparger production into actual applications.
Fine Bubbles Created During Operation
Under normal conditions, Filson manufactures sintered metal spargers with stainless steel 304 or stainless steel 316L to suit most industrial applications. For many situations, 316L food-grade stainless steel is the most commonly used material to construct a sparger.
In addition, another grade of stainless steel (like 347 SS,430 SS) or higher metal alloys (like Inconel, Monel, Hastelloy) are also available to produce sparger. The selection of materials is mainly determined by the application or your special requirements.
Of course, it is cleanable and reusable. Correct and regular cleaning will help prolong the life of your sparger.
There are some practical methods for cleaning your sparger:
- Clean your spargers immediately after each use with a soft brush. Then rinse with plenty of clear distilled water.
- Boil your sparger with clean water for several minutes and then dry it naturally or flush it with clean air.
- You are recommended to regularly clean your sparger with 1M sodium hydroxide (NaOH) solution and then rinse with demineralized water (DI).
- Soak your sparger in acid or other chemical solution to chemically react with the clogged particles. It is pretty helpful for long unused and severe congestion sparger.
- You can also try sonication, but this might have harm to the sintered powder production. So be careful when you choose the method and control the ultrasonic power and ultrasonic frequency.
By the way, it is necessary to clean your sparger before using or after a long time use. That’s because the micron holes on the surface of the sparger may be clogged with protein and if it’s not cleaned in time, the efficiency will be negatively influenced.
Cleaning of Sintered Metal Sparger
Choosing and designing the right sparger may be a challenge for most of you. If you make mistake in one of the links of calculating the sparger, you will finally get a wrong or failed sparger for your applications.
When choosing your sparger, pay attention to the following points:
- First, know well about the application details. You are going to use sparger for carbonating, controlling pH, oxygenating? What is the nature of liquid and gas? What are the working temperature, pressure, and flow rate of your system?
- Second, be clear about the actual volume of gas you desired to dissolve into the liquid per minute. You might consider it as the gas distribution efficiency you want to reach.
- Then, confirm the gas exit velocity. It must be a suitable value. If the bubbles get together rapidly, they will grow in size while reducing the contact area with process liquid resulting in less efficiency.
- Finally, determine the micron rating of your sparger. The micron rating, to some extent, decides the size and surface area of bubbles.
You can follow these tips to help you design and choose an ideal sparger to the needs of your application. The points listed above are just some of the most important factors, more detailed information and specifications can be told by consulting Filson professional specialists.