High Quality Sintered Glass Filter in Filson
- Hydrophobic characteristic ensures low solution absorption
- Manufactured in strict accordance with ISO 9001 standards
- Durable materials to realize longer replacement intervals
- Comprehensive types to be ideal for wide range of applications
Free Sample Before Mass Order
Filson sintered glass filter is also called fritted glass filter. After a sintering process at high temperature, sintered glass filter media, typically borosilicate glass, form a porous structure.
Sintered glass filter normally comes in the shape of a disc, thus this kind of filter is also known as fritted glass filter disc, fritted glass disc, or porous glass disc.
There are 6 different grades of sintered glass filter. The grades are numbered from 0-5 and the higher the grade the finer the properties of sintered glass filter.
Sintered Glass Filter Disc Categories
Filson sintered glass filter disc grade 1 is able to filter impurities ranging from 100 to 160 microns. Thus it is ideal for filtration of coarse precipitates, gas distribution in liquids, coarse gas filtration, extraction apparatus for coarse grain material, etc.
Sintered Glass Filter Types by Applications (3)
- Filson sintered glass filter is free from all foreign contaminants, chemically clean as well as sterile. Presenting these advantages, it is capable of withholding bacteria. It is frequently used in microbiology, like preparation of sterile solutions.
- Due to uniform pore size, chemical cleanliness, sterility and other advantages, Filson sintered glass filter is also ideal for pharmacy applications. For example, intermediates and finished products separation, clarification of liquid oral formulation, etc.
Sintered Glass Filter Functions
Sintered Glass Filter FAQ Guide
Sintered glass filter is made of borosilicate glass. Then these pulverized glass powders or particles are packed into mould. After a sintering process at high temperature, these granules are suitably adhered together, fusing into a porous and solid structure. It is most common in disc shape in various diameters. It is also called fritted glass filter.
Sintered glass filter shows zero absorption of medicament from solution. Besides it does not change the pH of the solution and shed fibers as well. Thus it is widely used in pharmacy applications.
Advantages of sintered glass filter:
- No fiber shedding
- Low absorption properties
- Chemically clean and sterile
- Do not change solution pH
- Washable and autoclavable
- Without cross contamination
- Free from all foreign contaminants
- Easy to clean and low labor requirement
- Effectiveness and long-term sustainability
Disadvantages of sintered glass filter:
- Chance of getting clogged
- Expensive and time consuming
- Fragile in nature, tough to handle
Do not resistant to hot, concentrated H3PO4 and hot alkali
After use every time, the glassware with fritted glass filter should be washed as soon as possible. You may use a soft brush to scrub all parts of the item when washing with water.
A gentle approach and soft brush play important part in minimizing abrasion and scratching of the glassware surface. After cleaning, distilled water is required to rinse the glassware thoroughly.
Then the cleaned fritted glass filters can be dry in natural air or in a dry oven with temperatures under 100°C.
During the cleaning process, the choice of solvent should depend on the contamination. Only the correct solvent is able to clean the contamination effectively.
Because hot, concentrated H3PO4 and hot alkaline solutions can attack the glass surface, they are not suitable as cleaning agents.