Your Premier Nickel Filter Supplier in China
Filson nickel filter is industrial equipment made of nickel-based materials. With excellent properties, nickel has become one of the ideal electrode material options to make cadmium-nickel batteries and hydrogen-nickel batteries.
In addition to sintered nickel electrode for battery, Filson nickel filter is also used for a wide range of applications. For example, it can be applied as a filter media, chemical catalyst carrier, and electromagnetic shielding materials.
Like with any other metal filter provided by Filson, this nickel filter has an excellent performance in the filtration, classification, and purification of gases and liquids. And high efficiency makes it much popular in the current market.
Choosing proper Filson nickel filters with high performance can be an overwhelming task for those who do not know the product well. However, Filson, as an expert infiltration, is here to be your leading advisor for any of your nickel filter problems.
Filson Nickel Filter
Why Choose Filson Nickel Filter?
Filson manufactures nickel filters including nickel mesh, nickel wire mesh, sintered nickel, and nickel mesh electrodes for batteries. These products are all made of high-quality, high-purity nickel materials. And we promise to produce these them strictly following the industrial standards.
Filson is a filtration expert with more than 20 years of experience in nickel filter manufacturing. In the past years, we keep introducing topping technologies and learning expertise. Now, we know exactly how to design better products for customers.
Filson nickel filter provides a large range of micron ratings from 0.5 to 300μm. The accuracy is also the pore size of the filter. With such precise and even pore distribution, Filson nickel filter is able to improve the filtration efficiency and suit all sorts of applications.
When you choose Filson nickel filter, you are choosing the specifically designed and calibrated tool for your system. It not only brings you the best filtration effect, but also saves your costs to a great extent. No one would shake his head to a high-efficiency and cost-effective product.
A Reliable Nickel Filter Manufacturer Supporting Your Business
Filson nickel filter is a carefully designed and manufactured device to support your industry and business. Usually, the nickel filter is composed of a series of parts to make it a whole and perform well in your application.
Difference Between Mesh and Powder
The main parts that make up the structural components of Filson nickel filter are the end cap, ring seal, and filtration pores. Here is the last part of the filter which is determined by your specific application: nickel wire mesh or nickel powder.
Among these different components of Filson nickel filter:
- Endcap plays an important role in protecting the fluids from flowing out of the nickel filter during the filtration process.
- The ring seal ( mainly refers to an O-ring seal ) acts as a leakproof element to protect the nickel filter from leaking during the operation process.
- Those uniformly distributed pores of nickel filter provide numerous paths for the flow of the gases and liquids. At the same time, the pores help block and remove the contaminants or impurities from the passing fluids.
- A Filson nickel filter is made of nickel mesh screen or nickel powder to realize the different accuracy of the final product. And it’s the most crucial part of nickel filter.
Let’s See Nickel Felt Through a Microscope
Using nickel, nickel alloys, Inconel 600, and Monel as raw material, Filson nickel filter is produced after screening, forming, and sintering process. If nickel powder is utilized to manufacture the filter, it will be pressed, vacuum sintered, and bonded together.
As one of the professional nickel filter manufacturers in China, Filson has integrated global advanced filtration technologies and upgraded the vital sintering tech to offer powerful filtration support and a one-stop solution for your system.
Packing of Sintered Nickel Felt
Experiencing a sintering process, Filson nickel filter is strong enough to withstand high pressure, extreme temperature, and chemically challenging environments. So our nickel filters serve critical functions in both chemical and pharmaceutical industries.
Filson offers all our standard products in high-quality materials such as nickel 200. Filson nickel filter designed with nickel 200 has a high dirt holding capacity and provides a longer life span than standard material filters for oxygen applications.
Porous Sintered Nickel Filter Elements
Warm Tips About Using Filson Nickel Filter:
- Sintered nickel powder filter cartridge is a consumable product. Though it’s more durable than other filter elements, do not scratch, strike, smash and fall during the cleaning and disassembly process to prevent it from artificial damage.
- It is strictly forbidden to apply force to the surface of the nickel filter with tools.
- Generally, the process fluid is filtered from the outside of the nickel filter element to the inside. Reverse filtration is not advocated.
- While filtering, slowly pressurizes to the required working pressure. You’d better not to open the valve instantly and increase the pressure rapidly.
- The maximum working pressure of the Filson nickel filter is up to 3MPa. When the filtration efficiency is lower than 50%, it should be backwashed with clean air or clean liquid in time.
- Basically, the filter should be back blown with pure gas first and the backblown pressure is 1.2 – 1.5 times of the working pressure.
- If the pressure loss is still serious after online backwashing, do remove it in time for cleaning.
Production Process of Nickel Filters
Besides the highly corrosive resistance, Filson nickel filter is endowed with high heat resistance thanks to the nickel material itself. It can easily deal with the thermal conditions with temperature as high as 1200°C, even much higher than the most frequently-used material—stainless steel, which can resist temperature up to 600°C.
Filson has all types of nickel filters you required to satisfy your unique application needs. And we supply the products, especially to customer specifications. It is our pleasure to produce a consistent, accurate, reliable, and precise nickel filter for you.
Sintered Nickel Metal Fiber Felt Features
Please feel free to contact us and tell us your needs:
Call: 86 – 157 3695 8886
Filson Nickel Filter Function:
- Effectively remove suspended particles in your system
- Treat the liquid well without polluting the raw liquid
- Provide the best performance infiltration field
- Collect the contaminants and impurities involved in the passing fluids
- Resist almost all chemical liquids for a broad use
- Minimize the purchasing costs to achieve the maximum profits
Filson Nickel Filter Feature:
- Excellent temperature resistance can work under 800 – 1200°C
- Strict filtration precise control for higher efficiency
- Strong regeneration ability resulting in long service life
- High porosity and uniform pore size for good air permeability
- No need to support with skeleton due to high mechanical strength and good rigidity
- No particles fall off and no secondary pollution to raw liquid
- Superior corrosion resistance to be used in almost all severe environments
Filson Nickel Filter Specification:
- Construction material: nickel, nickel alloys, Inconel 600, Monel
- Working temperature: 800 – 1200°C
- Maximum operating pressure: up to 3MPa
- Filtration accuracy: 0.5 – 300μm
- Filtration efficiency: up to 99.9%
- Shape: pipe, tube, plate, sheet, disc, ring, bar, foil, cone, cylinder, candle
- Length: up to 1200mm without welding
Note: available to be customized, please consult Filson for more details.
Filson Nickel Filter Application:
- Petrochemical industry
- Water treatment plant
- Oil industry
- Fuel cell electrode
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Chemical filtration
- Seawater desalination
- Power plants
People Also Ask
A nickel filter is a special metal media used to remove particles from the process gases or liquids and prevent other equipment from damaging by those particles. Commonly, the nickel filter element is formed by nickel mesh, nickel powder or nickel felt to achieve desired filtration effect.
Nickel filters can be shaped into different sheets and tubes through high-temperature sintering for the purpose of filtration. Usually, the filter is made of pure nickel ( high purity up to 99.8% ), of course, nickel alloys are also available.
After a sintering process, the nickel filter is full of even pores which allow fluids to pass through. By doing this, the contaminants and impurities are blocked out of the filter. ( The filtration effect is decided by the micron rating you ordered. )
Filson Nickel Filters
Just like making other metal filters, we manufacture sintered nickel filters under the same principle and with the same sintering process. The procedure is shown below for you to learn how to make sintered nickel filter:
- Fully understand the required specifications of the nickel filter.
- Select proper nickel powder for the filter, whether pure nickel powder or alloyed nickel powder is available according to your needs. Also preparing relevant machines is vital to initiate the sintering process.
- Complete the mixing or blending. When mixing the powder together, it is important to maintain a strict controlling process to achieve the physical, mechanical and chemical properties. Plus, remember to add solid lubricant in the mix to reduce the friction between the powder and the tools.
- Proceed with the compaction of sintered nickel powder homogenous mixture. Apply a uniaxial pressure between 200 to 1500 MPa. The pressure is depended on the density of the sintered nickel filters you desire.
- Conduct the sintering process inside a continuous furnace under particular environmental conditions ( usually vacuum ). Be aware that the temperature should be set between 700 to 1300°C depending on the grade of nickel underuse. Much higher heat may melt the powder.
- Create proper bonds between the nickel particles at high temperatures.
After these six steps, you will get an ideal sintered nickel filter for your industry. The filter will have good mechanical strength and high temperature/corrosion resistance to support your distinct application.
Nickel Powder for Filters
Both nickel mesh and nickel powder can be used as the raw material to sinter a nickel filter, but there are differences between them. The most obvious one is about micron ratings. The powder has a small volume, so after sintering, they can bond together closely to provide a higher filtration accuracy than mesh.
Nickel mesh is a surface filtration media that removes particles by blocking them at the surface of the filter media. Different from nickel powder-based filter, it is more suitable for liquid filtration, like water and oil. And filter made of nickel mesh has a larger dirt capacity for its unique pleated design.
Nickel powder sintered filter is a depth-based filtration media that removes particulate by trapping the particulate within the structure of the filter media, also some of the contaminants are already trapped on the surface.
Nickel filter sintered nickel powder is often used in low flow systems and is most commonly used to filter gases. If hydraulic oil or viscous fluids pass through the filter, the pressure drop will become significantly higher and possibly cause damage.
Therefore, when you choose your nickel filter, pay more attention to the selection of raw material, or you can consult Filson for more details before ordering.
Sintered Nickel Powder and Sintered Nickel Mesh
Sintered nickel provides the best construction material for filters to operate under extreme temperatures of up to 1200°C and harsh environmental conditions. Besides, sintered nickel also offers the following benefits:
- Stable performance in an oxidative and corrosive environment
- Highly corrosive resistance to withstand all kinds of chemical solutions and other reducing agents
- Compact and robust structure thanks to the advanced sintering technology
- Strict sintering control to realize a high filtration precision for fine particles removal
- High porosity, uniform pore size distribution, and minimal initial resistance
- Careful design for large flow area and low differential pressure
- Excellent regeneration ability to achieve a long service life
Filson has our own factory to manufacture the sintered nickel and delivers the products directly from the factory, so another benefit is that you could save purchasing costs at Filson. As for other advantages, you will find yourself when putting it into use.
It is crucial to choose the right nickel filter for your filtration system. But, usually, choosing the correct filter could be a great challenge for most of you. So here, we will give you some advice sincerely.
When selecting the nickel filter, pay attention to the following factors:
- The first and also the most vital factor of choosing the right nickel filter is to decide the construction material, it influences the final effect of the filter.
- Know exactly about the application that you are going to use the nickel filter for. Basically, you should be clear about the operating temperature and working conditions ( How corrosive or oxidative? ).
- Learn something about your process gases or liquids ( properties of them ).
- Tell us the porosity and permeability you desired, as well as the ductility, weldability, and machinability.
- Decide the pore size or filtration accuracy and its distribution.
- Last but not least, determine the effective filtration area you want, so that our specialist can start to construct.
In addition, there are some other points to note, such as the length, shape, working pressure, designing pressure, etc. All these can be known by contacting our Filson professional engineer team and they will help solve your problems.
Choose the Right Nickel Filter for Your Application