Your Reliable Flame Arrestor Element Supplier from China
Filson flame arrestor element, may also be known as a deflagration arrester element or a flame trap element, is a portion of flame arrester which main purpose is to prevent flame transmission and keep operational safety.
With good properties in both physical and chemical, these Filson flame arrestor elements are economical and practical solutions for mass facilities, especially for applications that require the prevention of a flame in the event that an intense explosion occurs.
As a safety element for flame arrestor, Filson flame arrestor element is going to offer the highest quality and best performance in particular situation. And every element is 100% tested before leaving factory just for the better experience for our customers.
If you are requiring for a superior flame arrestor element for your equipment, then you can’t miss Filson — your dependable flame arrestor element manufacturer and supplier in China.
Filson Flame Arrestor Element
Why Choose Filson Flame Arrestor Element
- Careful Engineering
Filson flame arrestor element is well calculated and designed before it goes into production. During the sintering process, the temperature and pore size are strictly controlled to bring the desired product you need.
- Guaranteed Quality
Filson focuses on quality throughout the whole process from material choosing to product manufacturing. All our flame arrestor elements are in accordance to international standards to ensure the safety of operation.
- Reasonable Price
Filson owns the specialized factory and establishes a complete line of flame arrestor element fabricating. Each flame arrestor element order, no matter how large or small the quantity is, is delivered directly from our factory for saving the overall costs.
- Responsible Service
Filson provides intimate service and one-stop solution for our clients all over the world. From pre-sale to after-sale, Filson assists you with the most professional advice and solves your flame arrestor element problems patiently.
Filson: The Premier Flame Arrestor Element Choice for All Sorts of Industries
Filson, as one of the Chinese technical leaders in flame and explosion prevention systems, designs and creates flame arrestor elements for use in some of the most challenging industrial environments and applications.
Usually, Filson flame arrestor element is also called flame arrestor internals, it’s a device equipped to the opening of an enclosure. Or you can find it at the connecting pipework in a system of enclosures.
Filson flame arrestor element allows gases and vapours to flow under normal operating conditions, at the same time, however, it prevent the transmission of a flame. Namely, Filson flame arrestor element not only provides precise gas flow control, but also allows a sound and powerful media to arrest and extinguish the flame.
Filson sinters flame arrestor element of metal materials, such as stainless steel, nickel, brass and higher grade alloys. By using these materials, the flame arrestor element is endowed with high thermal conductivity to absorb or dissapate the heat of the flame, in order to cool the flame front or combustion wave.
Because of the advanced sintering technology, Filson flame arrestor element is a porous media featured by tortuous paths which provide excellent flame-arresting properties for your application. And an even flow of gas is guaranteed through controlled pore size and uniform density.
The most frequently-used flame arrestor in the market is a ribbon-coil-designed product. Comparing to that, Filson flame arrestor element is more space saving and precise in accuracy ranging from 0.2 to 100 μm ( or more larger ), leading to the higher flame extinguishing efficiency.
Basically, Filson flame arrestor element, as the main component of the flame arrestor, is suitable for all flammable gas pipelines, such as gasoline, kerosene, light diesel oil, crude oil and other oil storage, gas purification and emission systems of coal seam.
Different gases have different flame spreading ability and are categorized into explosion groups corresponding to their hazard level. On this account, you should pay more attention to the characteristics of the gas being treated when you choose Filson flame arrestor element.
Explosive mixtures can burn in various ways. To better prevent the flame and get the most out of Filson flame arrestor element, you may have to take the following factors which can influence the combustion process into consideration:
- Chemical composition of the mixture
- Possible pressure waves
- Geometric shape of the combustion chamber
- Flame propagation speed
Filson flame arrestor element provides high flow resistance to the explosion pressure at a sufficient flow rate. Besides, made of sintered porous metals, the elements absorb as much heat energy from the incoming explosive wave. By doing this, the flame won’t flash back to the gas reservoir.
Filson flame arrestor element is used in both certified flame arrestor and customer-specific products, like pumps, engines and devices that are manufactured in large quantities. If you are planning to apply flame arrestor elements, we can offer you a wide range of our standard sizes.
For comprehensive technical advice regarding the selection and use of flame arrestor elements please contact:
Tel: 86 – 157 3695 8886
Filson is willing to be your next project partner!
Filson Flame Arrestor Element Function:
- Keep the constant volume flow in the system
- Reduce cost through faster and safer maintenance
- Extinguish fire and prevent hazards effectively
- Retain the integrity at high temperatures and maintain non-shedding
- Fit different applications and systems with various specification selections
- Quench or cool flame to prevent flammable gases from burning back to supply source
working principle of flame arrestor element
Filson Flame Arrestor Element Feature:
- Good fire resistance and corrosion prevention
- Maintenance-friendly design for lower maintenance costs
- Easy installation and cleaning for less downtime
- Extreme stability and strength ensured through advanced sintering
- 100% tested flame arrestor element for safety
- Multiple specifications in accordance to the practical applications needs
- Quality device to conform to all the leading testing guidelines
- Excellent mechanical properties and high strength
- High temperature and pressure resistance for long time use
- Uniform porosity and pore size control
- Nice joint strength and sealing integrity
Filson Flame Arrestor Element Specification:
- Construction material: stainless steel ( 304L, 316L ), brass, titanium, inconel 600, hastelloy C-276, hastelloy X, monel 400, nickel 200, PP, PE
- Working temperature: up to 760°C ( upon materials )
- Pore size: 0.2 – 100 μm ( custom options available )
For disc: OD: 0.02’’ – 8.37’’ thickness: 0.039’’ – 0.125’’
For sheet: width: 8.5’’ – 10’’ length: 10’’ – 12’’ thickness: 0.039’’ – 0.125’’
For tube: OD: 0.25’’ – 1’’ ID: 0.125’’ – 0.75’’ length: 6’’ – 24’’
- Connection: standard tubing, end-fittings like compression, NPT
- Shape: cut shapes, mouldings, moulded discs or plugs, sheets, tubes, screens, cylinders
Note: Other specifications are available, consult Filson factory for more configurations.
Filson Flame Arrestor Element Application:
- Petrol station
- Various flame arrestors
- Atmospheric tank / oil storage tank
- Gas pipeline
- Acetylene gas welding torches
- Gas cabinets
- Gas analyzers in combustible atmospheres
- Electrical enclosures
- Pressure regulators for flammable gases or oxygen service
Filson Flame Arrestor Element FAQ:
Flame arrestor element, may also known as a deflagration arrestor element, flame trap element or flame arrestor internal, is a small device designed to allow the flow of gases, liquids to pass and, at the meantime, to prevent flame transmission.
Usually, flame arrestor element is made of coiled corrugated and flat metal strips as the main part of flame arrestor. And the final purpose of the device — preventing the spread of flame, is fulfilled by the design of its gap.
In addition to that, Filson provides quality flame arrestor element formed by cutting edge sintering technology. Using metal powders, the flame arrestor is more compact in sturcture and powerful in capability to be applied to plenty of industries.
In any application, accidental ignition of a flammable mixture will generate a flame which may travel through the unburnt mixture until the fuel is consumed by the reaction. The ignition not only cause the losses of overall profits, but also poses a security issue which may make a negative impact on equipments and workers.
So flame arrestors are commonly used wherever there is the potential for an explosion arising from flammable gas or vapour being mixed with air. View the following list and check where flame arrestors are required:
- Venting for explosion proof enclosures
- Pressure equalisation for combustible gas pressure regulators
- Handling of combustible sample gas for analysers and monitors
- Flashback prevention for welding torches
- Ignition prevention in gas stacks and storage tank vents
- Inhibit the spread of fire or explosions in ductwork and process piping
- Backfire flame arrestor for marine engines and motors
- Oxygen service ( special processing available )
- Electrical enclosures
Applications above are just a little part of the flame arrestors usage, if your application is not mentioned, it doesn’t mean these flame arrestors don’t have the function. So if you are looking for a suitable flame arrestor or element, directly consult our specialists.
As we all know, one of the greatest dangers for transporting or storing flammable liquids or gases is that a fire or even an explosion may occur due to the ignition of the flammable vapour. On this account, a flame arrestor is necessary. And it’s easy to understand that, as the main component of flame arrestor, the design and engineering of a flame arrestor element is also vital.
In an enclosed space ( for example in a vessel or a pipe ), because of the combustion process, the temperature of the mixture is greatly increased, leading to a rapid increase in the volume of the gas mixture.
Once the pressure is increased in the enclosed space, the turbulence is created and further accelerate the flame front. If do not adopt a flame arrestor at this time, the whole system is facing the risk of damage and the operators will also be exposed in danger.
No, they are not.
Flame arrestors are designed flexibly in installation direction in order to satisfy the diverse utilizations of your application. You can order single flame arrestor mounted in your system near the combustion source, or a flame arrestor group can be applied to enhance the safety.
These flame arrestors are bi-directional and capable of stopping a flame approaching from either direction in a piping system and can be mounted vertically or horizontally in the pipeline.
To understand the working principle of flame arrester, you should first know what it is. Flame arrestor is a device that forces a flame through a channel which is too small to allow it burn, thus extinguishing it. They are widely used to stop the spread of fire, limit the impact of an explosive event or restrict a fire.
There are two main views about the working principle of flame arrestor: one is based on heat transfer, the other one is based on the wall effect:
One of the necessary conditions for combustion is to reach a certain temperature, i.e., the ignition point. Below the ignition point, combustion will stop.
According to this principle, as long as the temperature of the burning material is reduced below its ignition point, the spread of flame can be stopped.
When the flame passes through the tiny channels of the flame arrestor, it will become a number of tiny flames. So when designing the flame arrestor element, the contact area between the flame and the channel wall should be enlarged as much as possible to strengthen the heat transfer, so that the flame temperature drops below the ignition point, thus stopping the flame from spreading.
When the combustible gas passes through the narrow channel of the flame arrestor, the chance of collision between the free radicals and the channel wall increases and the number of free radicals participating in the reaction decreases.
When the channel of the flame arrestor is narrowed to a certain extent, the collision between the free radicals and the channel wall dominates, and the reaction cannot continue due to the drastic decrease in the number of free radicals, i.e., the combustion reaction cannot continue to propagate through the flame arrestor.
After a period of use, you are recommended to maintain your flame arrestor to prolong its life time. Here are some tips for maintaining the flame arrestors:
- In order to ensure the performance of the flame arrestor to achieve the purpose of use, before installing the flame arrestor, you must carefully read the instructions provided by the manufacturer, and carefully check whether the label is consistent with the requirements of the installed pipeline.
- The flow direction mark on the flame arrestor must be consistent with the media flow direction.
- Check your flame arrestor every six months. Check whether there are defects such as blockage, deformation or corrosion of the flame arrestor layer.
- The blocked flame arrestor should be cleaned to ensure that each pore is clear and the deformed or corroded flame arrestor should be replaced.
- When cleaning the core flame arrestor element, you’d better use high-pressure steam, non-corrosive solvent or compressed air blowing, pay attention not to use sharp hardware brushing.
- When reinstalling the flame arrestor layer, do update the gasket and confirm that the sealing surface has been cleaned and free of damage, and shall not leak.
According to the six points of maintaining methods listed above, your flame arrestor will last longer. If you have any other doubts, Filson professional engineering specialist is here to assist. Please do not hesitate to contact us!