Your Reliable Filter Press Manufacturer and Supplier in China
Filson filter press is a special mechanical device used in separation processes, specifically to separate solids and liquids. Unlike other filter media, filter press applies a certain pressure to the object being filtered, making the liquid percolate out of the mixture, thus realizing the filtration purpose.
Filson filter press is a heavy-duty equipment which allows a batch operation. Even under harsh conditions, it will deliver the desired properties, such as excellent temperature & pressure resistance, long durability, high efficiency and safe operation.
Filson has more than 20 years of experience in the supply of filtration equipments, we are dedicated to providing high quality, fast turnaround time and intimate service to our customers. And our flexible filter press production line enable us to meet both small orders and large orders.
Keep reading and you will have a further understanding of Filson filter press. We’ll also give you some advice on choosing your equipment. Meanwhile, our sales team is looking forward to answering any other questions you may have, just contact us NOW!
Filson Filter Press
Why Choose Filson Filter Press
- Fast & high efficient on every process
Generally, the finishing of Filson filter press will go through several fixed steps including design process, production process, packing process and shipping process. Filson, as one of the professional filter press machine manufacturers, promises to fulfill them with an expected level of efficiency.
- Best pre-sale & after-sale service
Filson has the experienced core engineering team with profound knowledge and expertise. The team is able to provide full assistance to your filter press project. From design to transportation, even to maintenance, Filson is with you every step of the way.
- Trustable & high quality manufacturing
Filson is a quality-oriented filter press manufacturer who pays more attention to the performance of the final filter press machine. When you choose Filson, you are choosing the security and assurance for your business.
Filson: A Dependable Filter Press Advisor for Your Specific Application
Filson filter press ( slurry filter press ) is a versatile industrial tool which brings you a lot of benefits. During the working process, the slurry is dewatered by using the high pressure filtration to separate the solids and liquids.
Filson filter press is proven effective on hundreds of applications across the markets and industries, available to dewater particle size down to 1 micron. Comparing to other dewatering equipments, Filson filter press leads to the driest cake and the cleanest filtrate for the better end products.
Typically, Filson filter press consists of four main parts to support the normal operation. They are frame, filter plates, manifold and filter cloth. View the following filter press parts and learn the function of the respective components:
- Filter Press Frame
Filson filter press frame is also called the skeleton. It is a clamping device made of steel supporting and fastening the filter plates.
- Filter Plates
Filter plates play the vital role in the filter press. It’s the main place that the pressure filtration occurs. Usually, Filson provides multiple options for filter plates, it’s available to produce these plates with stainless steel, cast iron, nickel, aluminium, monel, hard rubber or plastics ( PP, PE ).
Filson standard manifold is composed of piping and valves. The basic function of this manifold is to control the slurry inlet and connect the four corner filtrate discharge ports into a common discharge pipe.
- Filter Cloth
By attaching filter cloth to the filter plates, the solid particles are accumulated on the cloth to form the so-called filter press cake and the liquids are successfully separated from solids. It is worth mentioning that the cloth is available in several alternatives of materials, choosing from monofilament, multifilament or mono-multifilament.
Except for the four parts mentioned above, Filson filter press is also equipped with head leg, tail leg, hydraulic pump, hydraulic cylinder, etc. Proper selection of these ancillary equipments is also critical to optimize operation of the dewatering system, Filson can help whenever you have trouble in choice making.
Filson filter press is a powful device with great adaptability to the filtered medium and due to the low demands on energy during operation, it is much popular in an extensive range of industries, including but not limited to cannabis extraction, wastewater treatment, metallurgic industry, food processing and pharmaceutical industry.
When it comes to size your filter press, there’s one thing you should know that Filson filter press dimension is determined by the number of filter plates and the length of their sides setting the press format. We provide different plate sizes to satisfy your application ranging from 400 x 400mm to 2000 x 2000mm.
Filson carries broad types of filter press, so no matter how unique your requirements are, Filson can come up with a satisfactory filter press design and drawing. In addition, as a seasoned filter press supplier, a filter press operation and maintenance manual will be delivered along with your order.
Check Filson filter press diagram and parameters before it putting into production. This manufacturing process may take two weeks or about 20 working days and then the equipment will be directly delivered from our factory to save your overall costs.
If you have any problems about Filson filter press assembly, filter press capacity calculation or filter press cake washing, you can feel free to contact us, our engineering specialists will solve them patiently.
Filson Filter Press Function:
- Separate liquids from a specific solids
- Increase the final production yields
- Dewater slurries generated from all sorts of industrial applications
- Reduce the consumption of auxiliary chemicals like coagulants and flocculants
- Maintain high dry solid content in dewatered slurry due to high filtration pressure
- Propose a better dewatering solution replacing other equipments
Filson Filter Press Feature:
- Large filtration area per unit for floor space occupied
- Food grade stainless steel available for the best quality
- Robust filter cloth with your specified CFM rating
- Sizeable and expandable design to fit various application needs
- Gasketed recessed plates for a leak free operation
- Optional plate material to deal with your specific matter
- Optimized manufacturing process for quality construction
- Easy installation, cleaning and maintenance for long time use
Filson Filter Press Specification:
different types of filter plate
- Plate material: stainless steel, cast iron, nickel, aluminium, monel, rubber, PP, PE
- Filter cloth material: polypropylene, polyester, cotton, nylon, polyester, felt
- Plate shape: square, rectangular, round
- Dry solid content in filter cake: usually 20 – 50%, with some suspensions up to 80 – 99%
- Filtration pressure: up to a maximum of 30 bar, 16bar for standard
- Filter press chamber volume: 20 dm3 – 9000 dm3
- Filtration chamber thickness: 10 – 50 mm
- Filtration surface: 1.8 m2 – 650 m2
- Plate size: 250 x 250mm to 2000 x 2000mm
- Coated material: rubber, lead, epoxy resin covered
Note: Filson supplies a custom service, send your specifications for an instant quote.
Filson Filter Press Application:
filter press applications
- Cannabis extraction
- Chemical manufacturing
- Wastewater treatment
- Power generation
- Mining and ore processing
- Textile and paper industry
- Concrete / cement and asphalt production
- Food and beverage processing
- Steel mills
- Municipal plants
Filson Filter Press FAQ:
Filter press is an industrial dewatering equipment. It uses a special filter medium and exerts a certain pressure on the matters being treated, making the liquid percolate out. On this account, it is regarded as a common solid-liquid separation device.
Filter press was applied to chemical production in the early 18th century, and now is still widely used in chemical, pharmaceutical, metallurgical, dye, food, brewing, ceramic and environmental protection industries.
Though Filson carries full types of filter press, including plate and frame filter press, chamber filter press, membrane filter press and replacement filter press. They have the similar working principle and processes:
During the filling process, solid loaded slurry is pumped under a setting pressure into the filter press chambers through the piping at the stationary head of the filter press. Then the slurry will fill each chamber sequentially.
- Dewatering ( solid and liquid separation )
This process is also known as compaction or consolidation stage. Once the chambers are filled, the slurry that is being pushed by the feed pump will force the liquid out of the chambers. It is in this stage that the filter cake achieves maximum dryness.
- Cake washing and air blow
During this process, it is possible to flush undesirable components using water or an appropriate solvent. Also, you can choose to blow the cakes with clean air to realize additional moisture reduction.
It is the last step of the filtration cycle. It aims at removing the dewatered filter cake. Each filter element is opened up and separated for cleaning and solid discharge. Usually, the cakes fall off by gravity.
The answer is that it depends…
Typically, the filter press cycle time contains two parts: the filling time and a constant. In which a constant is composed of close and open press, filtration, air blow and discharge time. And if additional operations, like cake washing and compression, are required in a particular application, the constant would be longer.
A fill cycle is determined by many different specifications, you can check the factors listed below:
- The nature of the material to be dewatered
- The concentration of the solids in the slurry
- The thickness of the filter cake
- The feed pressure
- The selection of the filter cloth
Contact Filson professional engineering team for more details.
According to many times of scientific experiments and practical equipment testing, there are many matters influencing the performance of the filter press. View the points and choose right filter press for your next project.
- Plate size, material, type, pressure rating
- Cake thickness ( 32mm for standard )
- Cloth type / material
- Frame design
- Discharge / air blow piping
- Feed style ( center feed or corner feed )
- Manual or automatic operation
- Slurry to be treated ( the nature, properties )
These are the main and important factors that would affect the final dewatering efficiency. Besides, the industry scale and the total filter press design also influence the performance. If you don’t know how to choose a suitable filter press, you can consult Filson at any time.
The selection of filter press cloth is one of the key variables to optimize the dewatering and filtration in any industrial applications. The success of the whole process begins with selecting the right filter cloth.
Pay attention to these factors when you choose the correct filter cloth:
- Resistance to blinding and blockage
- Ease of filter cake discharge
- Resistance to chemical materials
- Thermal properties
- Abrasion resistance
- Particle retention
In conclusion, the material of the filter cloth matters a lot. Filson provides filter cloth made of various materials and it’s available for you to choose from polypropylene, polyester, cotton, nylon, polyester, felt and nomex.
Filter press cloth is used to collect solid matters in the slurry and helps improve the filtration efficiency. So after a period of using, you are recommended to clean or replace your cloth.
When your filter press cloth becomes wet, sticky and not dry as usual, it’s the sign that the cloth needs to be cleaned. ( Some cleaning methods are listed below. ) And if you have already cleaned the cloth and the efficiency is still not increased, then it’s time to replace it with a new one.
The life of your filter press varies from installation to installation. And it is influenced by frequency of use, cleaning method and proper maintenance, as well as the type of sludge being treated. Typically, for most installations and press types, the filter cloth could last up to 6 months.
Filter Cloth Cleaning Method:
- Acid washing
- Acid dip washing ( soaking in 3-5% acid and water mixture )
- Power spray washing
During the operation and maintenance process, there are some details should be paid attention to:
- Check whether the number of plate and frame is in accordance with the regulations.
- Check whether the arrangement of the plate and frame meets the requirements, whether the installation is correct and whether the sealing surface is in good contact.
- Check whether the filter cloth is damaged, the filter cloth hole is smaller than the plate and frame hole and concentric with the plate and frame hole.
- Check whether the pipeline is smooth and make sure there is no leakage point.
- Check whether the hydraulic system works normally and whether the pressure gauge is sensitive and useful.
- The installation of the filter press cloth must be flat, in order to prevent damage and leakage when pressed.
- Control proper pressure and temperature.
- When the plates moves on the main beam, it shall not collide or fall. And the force applied shall be even to prevent damage to the handle and sealing surface.
- When cleaning the plate and filter cloth after unloading the cake, the channel should be ensured to be smooth. And the residue should not be allowed to be pasted in the sealing surface or feeding channel.
- Pay attention to the connection parts of each department, if there is looseness, it should be tightened at any time.
- The pressure shaft or pressure screw should be kept well lubricated to prevent foreign matter.
- The pressure gauge should be regularly calibrated to ensure its sensitivity.
- The removed plates should be put flat when stored to prevent deflection and deformation.
- Check whether the hydraulic system working pressure and the oil volume in the tank are within the specified range.
- It is forbidden to add oil containing impurities or moisture to the oil tank.
Consult Filson for more detailed information and professional guide today:
Tel: 86 – 157 3695 8886