Reliable Filter Bag Manufacturer
As an experienced filter bags manufacturer in China, Filson has professional technicians, skilled worker and advanced technology. We promise to offer you high-efficiency products.
- Various and high-quality material
- Reliable and quick delivery
- Minimal order quantity of 50 PCs
- Larger filtration area& less replacement
What is Filter Bag
Filson filter bag, also called filter socks, is manufactured to collect dust and other contaminants in most liquids or gases with high efficiency.`
Filter bag is generally made of polypropylene, polyester, nylon, stainless steel or other materials. Different material is used in different environment, like stainless steel filter bag in high temperature condition, polypropylene filter bag in high corrosion places, etc.
With characteristics of huge capacity, better chemical property and high quality, Filson filter bag servers a a wide range of applications including food&beverage, cement plants, asphalt mixing industry, mining industry and so on.
Filter Bag Categories
Having strong mechanical strength, Filson dust collector filter bag has outstanding filtration efficiency on collecting dust, fume and oil mist with high acid and alkali resistance. You can select PP, PE, aramid, P84 or other materials based on your filter system. .
Utilizing high-quality PP, PE or nylon materials certified by FDA, Filson food grade filter bag is the cost-effective option foe food&beverage processing. With stable property and uniform porosity, Filson food grade bag has high particle trapping efficiency up to 99.98%.
Filter Bag Types by Materials (9)
- Mainly made of 100% polypropylene, Filson polypropylene filter bags is popular in the oil and chemical industry. Besides, you can also use it in other strong alkali and acid places and choose glaze or sign finishes to maintain non-polluting filtration conditions.
- Filson polyester filter bag is available for solid and gelatinous particles. Comparing with cotton or glass fiber, our polyester filter bag has better abrasion and flexes filtration. You can choose specific micron rating ranging from 1 to 200 to achieve an ideal accuracy and flow rate.
- Filson nylon filter bags is also called nylon mesh filter bags or nylon monofilament mesh filter bags. Featuring in better permeability and high temperature resistance up to 160℃, Filson nylon filter bags can be utilized in fine/coarse filtration or medium filtration.
- Using special material PTFE, also called Teflon, Filson PTFE membrane filter bag is widely in steel, coke, cement or other coal-powered fields for dust removal. To guarantee high efficiency, the designed air permeability of PTFE membrane filter bags can reach 11 m3/min.
- Having a better and robust structure, Filson fiber glass filter bags have high tensile strength and fine micron rating between 0.5 micron and 200 micron. Being suitable for a variety of industries, you can select plain, glazed or singed finish options on making fiberglass filter bags.
- The designed micron rating of Filson cotton filter bag ranges from 5 micron to 300 micron, other sizes available. With reliable quality certified by FDA and ISO, Filson cotton filter bag is used to remove dust and other impurities for both domestic and industrial purpose.
Filter Bag Series by Micron Rating (9)
- Filson 10 micron filter bag, also called 10 micron filter socks, is suitable for various filter types. Certified by FDA standards, 10 micron filter bags is a popular option in food&beverage industry. And it you use it in high temperature condition, stainless steel is you first choice.
Filter Bag Classes by Function (3)
- Filson anti static filter bag is generally fabricated with PP, PE fiberglass or other materials. Featuring in excellent anti-abrasion and high filtration efficiency up to 99.5%, Filson anti static filter bag is your best choice in cement plants, flour industry, minerals processing or other fields.
- Made from high-temperature-resistant materials, Filson high temperature filter bag has many types, such as felt dust collector bags, pulse jet filter bags or pleated filter bags. With customized sizes, Filson high temperature filter bag has huge dust-holding capacity.
Filter Bag Outstanding Benefits
With standard filter bag size up to 8.4’’ x 34’’, it is ideally designed to remove unwanted particles with huge capacity to meet your needs.
Filson filter bag can be manufactured with wide micron rating. You can freely choose filter bag with 1 micron, 5 micron, 10 micron, 100 micron, 180 micron or more larger.
Allowable to clean and reuse for many times, the lifespan of Filson filter bags can be prolonged up to five times.
Advantages of Filter Bag
- Easy to use and replace with lightweight
- Customized sizes and materials available for unique applications
- Folding design with less storage space
- Simple construction for easier maintenance and operation
- Minimal shrinkage rate
- Adjustable differential pressure through operating gauges
- Strong mechanical strength, not easy to bend
- Suitable for horizontal and vertical housing
- Up to 35 times more effective than filter cartridges
- Quick delivery with DHL/UPS/TNT/Fedex
Main Features of Filter Bag
- High temperature resistance up to 400℃ with stainless steel
- Wide micron rating ranging from 0.5 to 1000 micron
- Absolute particle removal efficiency over 99% at 5 micron level
- Large surface area for huge particle holding capacity up to 40 m3/h
- Wide chemical compatibility, high corrosion resistance
- Better permeability with single-layer design
- Longer lifespan up to five times
- Complete construction for minimal liquids loss
Why Choose Filson Filter Bag
Filson filter bag can be produced with carious materials and sizes to meet your specific needs. Comparing with other filter bags, our filter bag has higher efficiency above 99%. Besides, with a competitive price, industrial filter bag is the popular usage.
With more than two decades experience on fabricating filter bag, Filson is capable to supply you high-quality and high-efficiency filter bags. And we can also manufacture replacement filter bags like Pentek and Pentair as long as you send us drawing or sizes.
Filson controls the production process and product quality strictly, and we will conduct flow test, proof and burst test for every filter bags. Certainly, you can also do these tests to ensure filter bag is pressure-resistant and leak-proof.
- Construction Material: Nylon, polypropylene, woven wool, etc.
- Filtration Efficiency: 99.98%
- Micron Rating: 0.5 – 1000micron
- Operating Pressure: 150 psig
- Flow Rate: up to 40 m3/h
- Minimum Order Quantity: 50 PCs
- Common Size: 7’’ x 16.5’’, 7’’ x 32’’, 4’’ x 8’’ …
- Operating Temperature: 90℃ – PP, 145℃ – PE, 160℃ – nylon, 400℃ – stainless steel
- Replacement of Leading Brand: Eaton filter bags, Pall fsi filter bag
- Woven wool
- Porous PTFE film
- Aromatic polyamides
- Stainless steel
Various Applications of Filter Bag
Utilizing FDA complaint material like PP, PE, filson filter bag is a simple and effective solution for food and beverage. Usually to remove lumps, dry particles, insects, our filter bag can be used as juice filter bag, maple syrup filter bag or others.
Cement plants always generate a large amount of high temperature dusty gases in all production stages. These dusts will be discharged with the exhaust gas, resulting in big impact on the atmosphere. Filson adopt glass fiber material dust collector filter bags with lamination, aramid, p84 for a better high temperature resistance.
Our 1 micron and 5 micron PP filter bags are special for biodiesel filtration. When you filter home-made biodiesel, Filson filter bag will help you to remove unwanted contamination in your diesel and protect your fuel pump and filter.
Waste incineration is a high-temperature thermochemical treatment technology, that will easily forming a large number of harmful substances due to chlorine and hydrocarbons. Filson PTFE high pressure dust collector filter bag is specially designed for this kind of flue gas application.
Filter bag comprises a woven or non-woven filter cloth to trap particles with size more than 3 micron. It has high dust removal efficiency up to 99% and better air permeability, so it is suitable for asphalt mixing industry with high temperature and highly concentrated dust.
Filter Bag: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
If you have any question about filter bag, you will find the answer right here.
Among the aspects you will learn include benefits, features, material type, uses and working principle, just to mention a few.
By the end of this guide, you will be an expert in filter bags – let’s dive right in.
This is a device that controls air pollution and collects dust and other contaminants that industries release into the atmosphere.
It comprises a woven or non-woven filter cloth.
The benefits are:
- The material is resistant and not sensitive to dust.
- Also, they can function at high temperatures when you use temperature-resistant materials.
- The cost of operating is lower than an electrostatic precipitator while it maintains a high deducting efficacy.
- Besides, the filter bag is simple in design and easy to maintain and operate.
- It can handle a large volume of emissions.
- Also, it has high dedusting efficiency of over 99%.
- A high dust capturing capability.
- It is lightweight and easy to use.
- Also, it has a high dust holding capacity.
- ISO9001 certification.
- High-temperature resistance.
- It is affordable to purchase and install.
- Minimal shrinkage rate.
Different industries use a filter bag to clean the dirty air it produces.
These uses are:
- Chemical industries
- Power generation industries
- Asphalt mixing industries
- Mining industries
- Carbon black
- Cement processing
- Industrial boiler
- Wastewater power generation plant
- Tobacco industries
- Coal-fired boilers
- Kilns furnaces
- Electronic industries
- Automotive industries
- Food and beverage industries
It is the pressure drop difference when you measure across the filter bag from the dirty to the clean side.
This is the measure that provides an accurate reading of the performance of a filter bag.
Personnel can operate the gauges to determine pressure drops on the filter bag.
Besides, it will show you when to make adjustments to it when the pressure readings are too low or too high.
Also, it indicates when it is time to clean the filter bags or conduct intensive maintenance.
This happens when a particle hits the fiber due to momentum after crossing the fluid streamline.
There is a great chance of impaction occurring when there are large particles and a smaller fiber.
Particles hit the fibers perpendicular to the direction of gas flow and not changing direction with the fluid streams.
This is the process of collecting particles that are below the size of 0.5 microns.
This process will diffuse sub micrometer particles.
The process increases the possibility of contact between the surface of the filter bag and the particles.
This mechanism will affect the particles that are below 0.5 microns.
The availability of electrostatic charges on particles and the filter bag will enhance the dust capture capacity.
- The pick-up points do not collect dust.
- There is visible dust within the stack emissions.
- Also, when the differential pressure seems to be too high or too low.
- The power consumption is higher or lower than normal.
- There is an increase in usage of compressed air as the pulse-jet cleaning unit is working overtime.
- After the cleaning cycle, the quantity of dust that falls in the hopper stops or is minimal.
There are several materials that one can use to make a filter bag.
- Woven wool
- Porous PTFE film
- Aromatic polyamides
This device can eliminate contaminants of varying sizes from liquids.
Dirty water will enter the bag filter from the inlet port of the filter housing.
The fluid then flows into the filter bag and the impact of the fluid makes the bag extend.
This extension of the bag makes the filtration process happen evenly.
Thereafter, the fluid will exit via the outlet valves as the solid contaminants collect within the filter bag ready for disposal.
Dirty gas will enter the filter bag via the hoppers.
Thereafter, it heads to the filter bag compartment.
Depending on the cleaning technique, the gas passes through the bags on the outside or inside.
A layer of dust will collect on the surface of the filter bag until no more air can move through it.
This is the time to clean the filter bag.
First, make sure the filter bag is not operational.
To remove the bag, shake the basket rapidly.
Thereafter, use a spine movement to separate the filter bag away from the support basket.
Gently pull the filter bag out of the filter bag housing.
It is possible to wash and reuse the filter bag.
Then, replace the filter bag gently within the filter housing.
Stainless steel is one of the strongest materials that you can use to make a bag filter housing.
The benefits are:
- It will not bend at high temperatures.
- Stainless Steel is easy to clean.
- It also provides an aesthetic appeal.
- Also, it resists degradation from a large pool of agents.
- It can handle high pressure and low flow rates.
The reason for testing is to ensure it can withstand high pressures and is leak-proof.
Some of the testing methods you can conduct are:
This test will calculate the appropriate pressure drop of the filter bag housing.
One can apply water or helium gas depending on the filter type.
Measure the difference between inlet and outlet ports to assess the differential pressure.
Proof and Burst Test
The measurement checks the working pressure of the filter bag housing.
Using oil and pressure 1.5 times the maximum pressure for 30 minutes to verify this test.
Helium Leak Test
This test will ensure that the device is airtight at the connections and seals.
Add helium gas to the filter bag housing for a minute, until it fills with water.
Inspect the seals as you turn up the gas pressure in steps.
These standards ensure quality filtration and safety.
- CE mark of quality
- ISO 9001:2015
- ASME code
- Pressure equipment directive 2014/68/EU
- 3-A sanitary standard
- Environmental Protection Agency [EPA]
- Food and Drug Administration [FDA]
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
These factors include:
- Total suspended solids [TSS]
- Service time
- The flow rateLibrary
- Overall cost
- Operating temperature
- Method of operation I.e. Batch or continuous.
- Filtration rating
- Operating pressure
It is cheap to acquire a filter bag that it is to purchase a cartridge filter.
One can use and reuse a filter bag which is not possible with a cartridge filter.
Filter bags are more durable than cartridge filters.
Both of these are sediment filters.
A coalescing filter will recover clean fluids while a filter bag will clean fluids and air.
For instance, a multi-bag filter has higher flow rates and less downtime during changeovers.
Filter bags with big micron ratings enable you to eliminate dirt of any nature.
This will ensure you have a high-efficiency rate while operating this device.
It is advisable to select filter bags with a micron rating of between 0.5 micrometers and 200 micrometers.
Size of Filter Bags
Ensure you select the right size that will fit within the filter bag housing.
This means one should consider both the length and the width.
Make sure you purchase a filter bag from a reputable manufacturer.
This means you will get high-quality and reliable products.
Temperature and Pressure Ratings
The operational temperatures and pressure are vital factors worth considering.
The amount you have will influence the filer bag you can afford.
Ensure you select a filter bag that conforms to international standards.
Make sure the filter bag is easy to install and replace.
Ensure the filter bag is easy and affordable to repair and replace.
After installation, the filter bag should function with no extra accessories.
Simplex Versus Duplex Filter Bag Housing
The filter housing you are using will determine the filter bag you will purchase.
The housing contains several parts such as:
Pressure Release Valves
pressure release valve
This part will help with regulating the pressure levels in the filter housing.
They make sure the filter housing will not explode or break during the filtration process.
It maintains this by ensuring the pressure will not go beyond the maximum level.
It operates by restricting fluids within the unit from leaking.
Also, it prevents dust from entering the filter bag housing.
Besides, they make sure you achieve the best filtration possible as it securely holds the filter elements in the filter housing.
Always use high-quality caps in the filter housing a slow quality caps may lead to leakages.
Besides, leakages in the filter housing will damage these components.
This part will block air from entering the filter housing after the vent releases it into the environment.
Outlet and Inlet Valves
The inlet port will allow fluids to enter while the outlet ports will help the fluids to exit the filter bag housing.
inlet and outlet valves
These parts help in eliminating leakages from occurring from the filter bag housing.
This part is at the bottom of the system.
It holds all the fluid that did not undergo filtration during the filtration process.
This part will firmly hold the filter bag housing in place.
It can come as flexible and inflexible units.
Small filter bag housings use flexible stands.
Flexible stands enable the operators to alter the position of the filter housing during the filtration process.
Large continuous applications with huge processes make use of inflexible stands.
Inflexible stands are stationary meaning the filter bag housing is also stationary.
Differential Pressure Gauges
This part will monitor the pressure drop in the entire filter housing and will sound an alarm when it is time to replace the elements.
One will find the incoming and outgoing process fluid ports in these parts.
It helps in drawing inlet and outlet samples to conduct quality tests.
This is the external part of the filter housing and can come from several types of materials.
Most filter BAG housings use high-quality material that can withstand effects such as:
- External environmental pressure
- Ensure maintenance of chemical compatibility
They direct air within the filter bag housing to exit after it fills with the process fluid.
Also, it is automatic hence will shut once the air escapes into the environment.
This part joins two filter bag housings.
Also, it doubles the capacity of the filter bag housing.
It achieves this by extending the length of the filter thus improving the efficiency of the filtration process.
Besides, they lower the operational costs as they are reusable.
This part seals the bowl after the installation of the filter elements and it holds the pressure release valves, checks valves, and the vent.
This part is at the bottom part of the filter bag housing.
They assist in eliminating products of the sump and also allows you to collect fluid samples in the filter housing.
Also, it will help you to access the elements within the system.
This part will help you to fix the filter bag housing in a pipe system.
Also, one can use it to remove the process fluids in the filter housing when you are replacing filter elements.
Single Filter Bag Housing
This system assists in filtering out contaminants from fluids.
Also, they contain one filter bag which you can clean or replace as the need arises.
It contains a basket with perforations on it.
Besides, they are available in varying sizes, pipe, and flange connections.
single filter bag housing
Multi-filter Bag Housing
They are suitable for bulk filtration and are affordable.
The housing contains several filter bags.
Also, the filter bags here are replaceable and are in varying micron ratings.
It can filter solvents, paints, beverages, coolants, etc.
multi-bag filter housing
Ensure it meets ASME standard and the following criteria:
- Pressure gauge connections.
- 150 psig standard pressure design.
- Suitable construction material.
- Drains with NPT couplings.
- An easy to replace filter bag design.
- Seal provisions with o-rings.
A stream of fluids with contaminants enters the lower part of the filter hopper.
Dirt and dust particles stick on the surface of the bag as the fluid passes via the filter bag.
Concurrently, clean air or fluids pass out to the outlet as particles collect on the outer portion of the filter bag.
Differential pressure builds up due to the accumulation of dust on the outer part of the bag.
Compressed air will eliminate dust particles on the filter bag after some intervals.
This will result in an opposite flow of air in the filter bag which will remove the particles on the surface of the bag.
These finishes will provide an appealing look and include:
Here you will place metal inside a barrel that has abrasives.
The barrel will vibrate making the metals rub against the abrasive products.
It causes the metals to have a shiny appeal to them.
Here, you will remove burrs that come about during the production process.
These burrs arise due to milling, drilling, etc.
This is the opposite of electroplating.
It will rekindle the roughness of the valleys and surface through an electrochemical process.
Electropolishing, through getting rid of thin layers, eliminates:
- Small cracks
- Ingrained contaminants
- Oxide scales
- Additional imperfections
This process is suitable for all kinds of steel material.
Also, it offers 30 times more resistance to corrosion than passivation.
After polishing, the surface will have a durable and appealing bright nature.
This method will employ electric current to embed another metal material on the surface of the substrate metal.
The advantages of electroplating are:
- It will increase the resistance of the material to corrosion
- Also, it improves resistance to wear and tear
- Besides, it will increase the aesthetic appeal of the material
Abrasive Blasting or Sandblasting
This method will force an abrasive material on the surface of metals as fluid on high pressure propels the blasting material.
This high-pressure force will:
- Smooth rough surfaces
- Roughen smooth surfaces
- Shape the surface of metals
- Eliminate the contaminants on the surface
This method will employ nitric or citric acid to assist in eliminating free iron and extra ferrous impurities.
It will leave behind a resistant and protective layer of oxide that is extremely resistant to corrosion.
Nevertheless, this method is not suitable for stainless steel grades that contain low nickel and chromium levels.
Also, this technique is not suitable for furnishing surfaces that pass welding and brazing.
This technique will use a combination of both nitric and hydrofluoric acid.
It will eliminate the low chromium layer of material and high-temperature scales away from the surface of the filter housing.
These chemicals will also assist in eliminating ferrous materials and ferric acid oxide.
When you remove layers of low chromium, you will increase the resistance of the filter housing to corrosion.
Mechanical and Chemical Planarization
Here you will use chemical and mechanical forces that will smooth the surface of metals.
It is a combination of chemical etching and abrasive polishing.
In this method, you will rub smooth tools on the surface of metals.
The operator applies ample pressure to improve the finishing and the size of the surface.
This is a method where you use a strong acid to cut metal surfaces.
This method will eliminate marks and levels and also clean the surface of the metal.
They can come in a horizontal or vertical design.
The steps are:
- Connect the filter bag housing to a tank that has gaseous helium.
- Insert the filter bag housing underwater and repeatedly increase the pressure of the helium gas supply.
- Repeat this test at 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% of the maximum working pressure that is allowable.
Continuously monitor the production of the bubbles.
- When the bubble production happens for over a minute, it means the filter bag housing is leaking.
High-pressure filter bags can handle high pressure while low-pressure filter bags are suitable for low-pressure usages.
low pressure filter
- Minimum particle size
- Pressure drop
- Gas temperature
Always monitor the differential pressure to ensure its working efficiently.
Regularly clean the filter bag when the dirt accumulates.
- Pressure rating
- Flow rating
With the information in this guide, you will definitely choose the right filter bag for your unique applications.
However, if you have any other questions or inquiries on filter bags, feel free to contact the Filson Filters team.