Your Trustworthy Extruder Screen Supplier in China
Filson has been manufacturing extruder screen with over two decades experience and our products have been exported to more than 40 regions and countries with well received.
- Smooth surface without sharp edges, burrs or acute angles
- Available in single layer or multilayer extruder screen
- Superior abrasion resistance, good corrosion resistance
- Optional shapes: circular, oval, kidney, rectangular, etc
- In accordance with by ISO 9001: 2008 quality certification
What is Extruder Screen?
Extruder screen, commonly referred to as screen pack, is a woven wire filtration system that is welded together and made into specific shapes and sizes. It can be formed into the desired shape such as circular, oval, kidney, rectangular, etc.
Extruder screen is an important part of the melt filtration and extrusion process. It is used in plastic, chemical fiber, rubber, hot melt glue, adhesive, coating, mixture and other viscous flow applications.
Extruder filter screen is specially designed to remove contaminants from melted plastic. This avoids mixing of foreign particles into final extrusion product and provide clean and clear extrusion for plastic and rubber processing machinery.
Extruder Screen Base Category
Stainless steel extruder screen includes single layer and multilayer screens which are spot welded together. It can be woven in different dutch weave types such as plain, twill, or reverse dutch weave. And it is cut into round, oval, kidney and square shape.
With features of durability and anti-corrosion, plastic extruder screen provides a clean and clear extrusion for the metal filtration and plastic extrduder machinery. We use high quality materials to construct plastic extruder screen as per customers requirements.
Pleated extruder filte screen, also called pleated filter disc or extended area screen, has large filtration area. It is specially designed to remove foreign particles that might damage control components and provide reliable protection in various critical system.
Circular extruder screen disc is one the most commonly used extruder screen. Its micron rating ranges from 5 to 200 micron. And its diameter is between 10mm to 3000mm or tailor-made. It features with high strength, precise filtering rating and long lifespan.
Spot-weld extruder filter screen is made of stainless steel wire mesh and wire cloth. We use economical and efficient welding process to build spot-weld extruder filter screen. It has the advantage of high dirt holding capacity and good corrosion resistance.
Mesh Screen Pack in Extruder (7)
- Fine mesh extruder screen is made of fine stainless steel wire cloth. The mesh count of fine mesh filter screen ranges from 50 to 650 mesh or customized finer mesh. Its processing methods include plain weave, twill weave, plain dutch weave, twill dutch weave.
- Single layer extruder mesh screen is constructed with rigid edge frame for durability. Single layer extruder mesh screen can hold large dirt during filtering of plastic melt, coating materials. It is widely used in food, pharmaceutical, chemical and aeronautic industries.
- Multilayer extruder screen packs are cut by different wire meshes into desired shapes and sizes, then assembled properly and spot welded with each layer to form multilayer packs. They are used to prevent foreign particles in the melted plastic from passing through.
- Plain dutch weave, similar to plain weave is one of the most commonly used processing method to make extruder screen. Compared with normal plain weave, plain dutch weave screen pack has stronger structure which makes it ideal for high pressure filtration process.
- Twill dutch is one of the most frequently used weaving methods. It combines dutch and twill weaving to provide reliable filtration performance. Twilled dutch weave screen pack, made of very fine stainless steel wire cloth, has uniform mesh holes and good corrosion resistance.
- Wedge wire extruder screen is made of wedge wire and support rods. It can be designed and manufactured into disc, tube, or other shapes. Its wedge-shaped filter gap is uniform, which is conductive to backwash regeneration. It is stable and cost-effective with good integrity.
- Sintered mesh extruder screens are made of stainless steel wire mesh in different shapes and edges. They consist five layers: perforated layer, buffer layer, fine mesh, protective layer and filter layer which are sintered together to form a sturdy multi-layer filter mesh.
Custom Types of Extruder Screen (5)
- Rubber framed extruder screen is more economical than metal framed extruder screen. It can be designed in woven, perforated and pleated types. The diameter of rubber framed extruder screen ranges from 20 to 800 mm. We accept any OEM services as customers request.
- We can customize your aluminum framed extruder screen according to your applications. Aluminum frame features light weight, cost-effective and easy to process. Aluminum framed extruder screen is an imperative component of melt filtration and extrusion procedure.
- Cylindrical extruder screen provides larger filtration surface area than screen disc. It features good corrosion resistance, high heat resistance and excellent wear resistance. It is available in single layer or multi layer with spot welded edge or aluminum alloy edge.
- Custom shape screen pack with flexible structure makes it perfect for your applications. It is made of stainless steel wire mesh which is cut into pieces and welded together. It is typically used in fine extrusion process to prevent contaminants into final extrusion products.
- Perforated coarse extruder screen is formed by punching holes of different sizes and shapes in a metal sheet. It is installed on extruder for primary filtration of rubber, glass, chemical fiber, etc. It also performs distillation, adsorption functions in food, medicine industries.
Extruder Screen Benefits
We utilize high quality materials to construct extruder screen which is anti-corrosion. Even in harsh conditions, it still remains its high performance.
To meet your varying needs of different applications, we can offer extruder screens with filtration precision ranging from 0.1 micron to 300 micron.
Filson produces extruder screen in weave, sintered, pleated, wedge wire and perforated types. Round, ring, square, oval, kidney shapes are all available.
Extruder screen is widely used in plastic, rubber, chemical fiber, coating and others. It can also be applied to food, medicine, metallurgy industries.
Which Weaving Types of Extruder Screen Filson Offer?
As a professional extruder screen manufacturer in China, we offer comprehensive weave types to meet your specific needs. In general, we provide plain weave, twilled weave, plain dutch weave, twilled dutch and reverse dutch weave types of extruder screen.
- Plain weave: simple structure, cost-effective, uniform holes, not easily deformed
- Twilled weave: sturdier than plain weave, permits the use of heavier wire diameter
- Plain dutch weave: compact structure, allows for excellent flow rates
- Twilled dutch weave: smooth surface, suitable for high pressure applications
- Reverse dutch weave: high tensile strength, high flow rates, easy to clean
How to Choose Suitable Extruder Screen?
When selecting a suitable extruder screen, you need to consider factors such as the level of contamination removal needed, pressure requirements or the characteristic of the material being filtered.
Too fine mesh counts of extruder screen may deliver the desired level of decontamination but may cause pressure levels to damage your equipment. Too large mesh may allows for adequate flow but will also permit fine particles to make their way into final products.
Most extruder screen seen in the plastic industry are made of stainless steel to avoid corrosion. The mesh counts of extruder screen commonly used is 20-150.
Why Choose Filson Extruder Screen?
Filson is one the best extruder screen suppliers in China, we aim to provide our OEM customers with high quality extruder screen. Our extruder screen have smooth surface with no burrs, sharp edges, acute angles or other defects.
Filson extruder screens are available in different materials, shapes, sizes and process ways. Our high-performance extruder screens have gained good reputations with competitive prices and first-class service. All extruder screen can be ultrasonically cleaned, if required.
We have served thousands of customers worldwide. To ensure a fast delivery, we choose reliable shipment partner like Fedex, UPS, DHL, TNT.(air transport or sea shipment are available). And we accept designated shipment methods.
More details to be known by the following ways:
Phone: +86-157 3695 8886
- Raw material: stainless steel, galvanized steel, copper, brass
- Mesh counts: 4-500 or tailor-made
- Working temperature: up to 480℃(upon materials)
- Max working pressure: 100psi
- Layer: single layer or multi-layer
- Process type: weaving, pleated, perforated, sintered, wedge
- Quality: in accordance with ISO: 9001 standards
- Molten plastic
- Polyester process
- Chemical fiber
- Rubber, coating
- Food industry
- Petroleum industry
- Metallurgy industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
Extruder Screen: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
If you have any question about the extruder screen, you will find the answer right here.
From designs, material type, parts, benefits to uses – you will find all information you need about extruder screen in this guide.
Keep reading to learn more.
This is a wire filtration system with single or multiple layers of wires which you weld together.
The melted materials will go through a wire mesh to eliminate contaminants.
Depending on your decontamination requirements, you can use varying layers of configuration and micron ratings.
Besides, you will change extruder screens frequently since you cannot clean or reuse them.
You can make extruder screens with varying specifications.
Meshes that make the extruder screens will have the exact opening relating to your application process.
Also, the size and shape of the extruder screen will depend on your machine.
Here is how to make an extruder screen:
- Begin by choosing a wire mesh with the appropriate micron rating for the application.
- Proceed by joining the layers of materials together using a spot welding process.
- After spot welding, proceed to a punching process that makes use of compound tooling.
- Thereafter, separate the final extruder screen away from the waste or skeleton substance.
- The next step involves cleaning the extruder screen.
- Finally, shrink wrap the clean extruder screen ready for shipping.
These parts include:
This part has perforations and you can find them at the end of the extruder head.
It will provide support to the screen and help in preventing contaminants and other foreign particles from the die.
Also, one should measure the pressure at two locations during the extrusion process.
This is before and after the location of the breaker plate.
One will place the extruder screen against the breaker plate to assist in capturing contaminants.
This part will apply force on the material undergoing the extrusion process through the die.
It can come as a single or multiple extruder screw.
Screen Wire Mesh
The mesh of the extruder screen has to handle the materials you will be filtering.
Besides, no one wants the extruder screen to corrode or rust during the filtration process.
If the polymer you are processing can corrode mild steel, use stainless steel material.
Also, it will avoid the change for contamination through oxidation of the steel material.
The size of the opening and the weave type will also influence the quality of an extruder screen.
Depending on your outcome, the micron rating or mesh number will vary a lot.
Square meshes will offer a suitable flow capacity while filter weaves will offer a fine filtration process.
Square mesh counts and micron rating will vary from 18 mesh or 1000 microns to 500 mesh or 25 microns.
Most extruder screens have a round or kidney-shaped configuration.
One will use round extruder screens one at a time.
Also, you will stop the filtration process to change the extruder screen.
Kidney-shaped extruder screens are suitable for several screen-changing wheels.
These wheels will automatically change to the next extruder screen when it notices a pressure drop or clogging.
The advantage of this process will allow the system to run with no interruptions.
Also, the operator can change the clogs in the screen as the melt flow proceeds with the new screens.
The size of an extruder screen will vary widely depending on each style.
Round screens can be less than 1 inch or exceed 16 inches in diameter depending on the material and volume.
Kidney-shaped screens can vary between 2.5” by 3” to more than 3.5” by 6.5”.
Also, it is possible to manufacture an extruder screen with one layer or several layers.
A single layer is suitable when processing a virgin substance with fewer contaminants.
Multi-layers are suitable when processing reground or recycled materials with most contaminants.
It offers more protection layers with which the melted polymer will come into contact first.
This will protect the finer filtration single or multi-layer from damage from debris, pressure, or when the plastic is swirling.
Also, there is a coarse layer of faves in the breaker plate.
This will protect and support the fine layer mesh from pushing into the holes of the breaker plate.
he price of an extruder screen will depend on several factors like:
- The number of layers.
- Unique processing requirements.
- The number of extruder screens you purchase.
- Cost of individual extruder screen specifications you select.
Good extruder screens are usually of high quality and you can use, change, and discard them at frequent intervals.
The replacement period depends on the filtration process of your application.
Also, the amount of dirt in the melt, or the number of impurities you need to filter out influences the replacement period.
When filtering out clean melt substances, they can last for many days or weeks with no changes or replacements.
Besides, you need to replace extruder screens that filter dirty materials severally every hour.
Extrusion Screen Pack
There are several types of extruder screens and they include:
- Disc extruder screens.
- Belt extruder screens.
- Cylindrical extruder screens.
- Single or multi-layer extruder screens.
- Pack extruder screens with spot welding and with or without an aluminum frame.
- Circular, square, rectangular, kidney-shaped, cone, or oval extruder screen.
- Nickel alloy, brass wire mesh, galvanized wire mesh, or stainless steel wire mesh extruder screens.
These are extruder screens suitable for use in the food and beverage industries.
Food grade materials have to conform to several regulatory requirements.
This means the filtration process and the results should be stringent.
Ultrasonically cleaning an extruder screen is one way of ensuring the filter has no dirt, oil, or grease.
Besides, you can ultrasonically clean carbon steel and stainless steel alloy.
Also, they conform to ISO 9001 certification meaning the manufacturing meets the highest standards of quality.
Auto Screen Belts
This has a reverse dutch weave belt and slits that match with the rubbed edges.
Cylindrical Extruder Screen
They come in varying sizes and offer a high and low-pressure drop.
These come in varying weaves, finishes, and materials.
Spot Weld Packs
Spot weld extruder screen offer a simple insertion of replacement screens within the screen changer by removing pack assemblies.
Pleated Spin Packs
They offer stainless steel or aluminum binders.
These will form a seal on the outside diameter of the extruder screen pack and the breaker plate.
Custom Extruder Screen
It is possible to customize an extruder screen for a specific application, whether original or a replacement.
There are varying uses of extruder screens in various fields including:
- Sheet extrusion
- Melt pump filters
- Blow film
- Profile extrusion
- Post-consumer recycling
- Continuous melt filters
- Industrial scrap recycling
- Carpet recycling
- Synthetic fiber production
- Food grade recycling
This is an extruder screen whose construction comprise of is stainless steel, brass, plain steel, or galvanized wire mesh.
They offer an extremely thin and fine extrusion in industrial plants.
One can make them from sintered fiber web, a woven wire mesh, or a sintered cloth of a wire sheet.
Also, the most popular material is a woven wire mesh filter.
The features of this extruder screen include:
- Resistant to corrosion and high temperatures.
- Resistant to tear and wear.
- Offers good molding.
- Also, it has a reliable filtration efficiency.
- It is neat with no bugs.
- The compressive strength is high.
The main applications include:
- Filtration of liquids and gases.
- Separation of other mediums.
- Accurate stress filtration.
- Fuel filtration.
- Vacuum filtration.
- Chemical industries.
- Medical industries.
These are extruder screens that have several layers of meshes that you weld together.
It has the finest screen wire in the middle of the pack while the larger mesh sizes are on the outer sides.
Also, the arrangement is symmetrical hence preventing one from installing a multi-layer extruder screen backward.
They are suitable in the extrusion process of plastics, fibers, and polymers.
It is possible to customize the number and the arrangement of the welding spots according to your application needs. Also, one can produce multi-layer extruder screens with welds.
For instance, you can weld a stainless steel wire mesh and a plain steel wire mesh together.
Multi-layer extruder screens come in different shapes and sizes.
One will properly assemble and spot weld them to produce multi-layer packs.
Multilayer Extruder Screen
Some features of a multi-layer extruder screen include:
- They are sturdy, strong, and offer convenience when you are processing substances.
- Also, one can assemble them in the right sequence to eliminate errors when the operator is installing them.
- Also, it will make the extrusion clear and clean.
- It comes with two or more layers, depending on your application needs.
- The material construction is stainless steel, aluminum alloy, nickel alloys, woven wire cloth, copper wire cloth, etc.
- It comes in several shapes like round, oval, elliptical, rectangle, etc.
- The diameter of the pack can range between 20 mm and 900 mm.
- Also, the frame style can be with or with no frame and spot welding.
There are several shapes that an extruder screen comes in, which include:
Circle Extruder Screens
They have a circular shape, are durable, resistant to corrosion, and a robust structure.
It can come as a single or a multi-layer extruder screen.
The benefits include:
- The cut is uniform thus no uneven edges.
- It offers high durability.
- They are stable when under tension.
- Also, they have a smooth surface screening lacking sharp edges, acute angles, or burrs.
- They provide a cleaner and clearer extrusion.
- It will keep off contaminants from the final extrusion substance.
- They are suitable for the chemical, pharmaceutical, and rubber industries.
Cylindrical Extruder Screens
They have the shape of a tube and come as a single or multi-layer extruder screen.
It is durable and strong thus suitable for extrusion of polyesters, polymers, plastic blown, paint, polyamide, varnishes, etc.
One can use them to filter sand or other small particles from water in irrigation systems or industrial plants.
Material construction is stainless steel, iron wire, or galvanized wire.
They can be long or short depending on your application requirement.
The frame can be from aluminum alloy or a spot welded edge.
These extruder screen types are suitable for film coating, filtration, and lamination in petroleum plants, rubber, plastic, and pharmaceutical industries.
Some advantages include:
- They offer a high flow rate at a low-pressure drop.
- Also, they have a wide operational temperature capacity.
- Besides, they have high strength and a high dirt holding capability.
- They are resistant to acids, corrosion, heat, alkali, wear and tear.
Kidney-Shape Extruder Screens
Their shape is kidney-like and you can make them from various materials.
One can use a single-layer kidney-shaped extruder screen in blown film applications that use low pressures.
Multi-layer kidney-shape extruder screens are sturdier and you can use them severally in glass, plastic, and fiber industries.
The material construction is stainless steel, black wire cloth, alloy wire, and aluminum meshes.
Processing can be spot welding, plain weave, dutch weave, etc. It offers an accurate filtration process, is reusable, and long-lasting.
The main applications are extrusion and the reclamation of glass or plastics.
Also, one can use it in oil industries, pharmaceuticals, film coating, etc.
Extruder Screen Shapes
Rectangular Oval-Shaped Extruder Screens
They have a precise size and the material construction is a stainless steel wire with high resistance to rust and corrosion.
Also, you can make them from copper, aluminum, or low carbon steel depending on your application requirements.
They are suitable for fine filtration in color masterbatch, filler industries, non-woven materials, and fibers extruder industries.
The processing can be woven, perforated, or sintered and come as a single or in multiple layers.
They are easy to install, have high tensile strength, and are durable.
Besides, they offer a clean and fine extrusion of polymers and molten substances.
Also, they are good for metallurgy, plastic, leather, and petroleum industries.
Ring-Shaped Extruder Screens
The material construction is aluminum, copper, or stainless steel.
They are circular but with a circular gap at the center to form a ring shape.
Besides, they are lightweight, offer accurate filtration, are easy to operate, and offer resistance to high temperatures.
Some applications include medical industries, metallurgy, and oil industries.
They offer clean extrusion to chemical fibers, ceramics, adhesives, or melt plastics.
The edge material can be metallic, spot welding, or rubber in nature.
The common mesh types of extruder screen include:
- Plain weave mesh
- Dutch weave mesh
- Sintered mesh
- Perforated mesh
- Etched mesh
- Expanded metal mesh
- Pleated mesh
- Wedge mesh
There are several processing methods like:
- A single-layer extruder screen.
- Single extruder screen layer with a frame.
- Multi-layer pack of extruder screen.
- A multi-layer extruder screen with a frame.
- Multi-layer extruder screen with spot welding.
- A rubber frame extruder screen
- Tri-clamp screen gaskets.
It is not possible to clean and reuse an extruder screen. This is because the flow of products can make the mesh warp thereby lowering their efficiency.
Some of the qualities to look for in an efficient extruder screen consist of:
- Durability of the extruder screen.
- Resistance to elements like corrosion, rust, and high temperatures.
- Number of screen mesh per square inch.
- Weave type like plain weave, dutch weave, twilled weave, etc.
- Diameter of the extruder screen.
- Percentage of the opening of the mesh.
ere are the key advantages of extruder screens:
- Corrosion and anti-abrasive resistance.
- An optimum cost-performance ratio.
- Good quality control during the filtration process.
- Durability with a robust structure.
- It can come in different shapes and sizes.
- Material construction can vary considerably.
As you can see, there are many factors you should consider when choosing extruder screen.
The best part, this guide has highlighted all the fundamental aspects you need to know.
In case you have any question or inquiry, contact FilSon Filters now.