Preferred Cartridge Filter Housing Option with Innovative Design
Filson cartridge filter housing is an ideal solution for both light duty and heavy-duty applications with reliable quality as well as high practicality. It can work with kinds of filter cartridges including string wound cartridge, melt blown cartridge, pleated high flow cartridge, and more to offer excellent filtration.
Filson is your worth-trust cartridge filter housing manufacturer in china and we have served hundreds of global customers from over forty countries. Besides, for emerging technologies and cartridge filter housing designs, we keep our enthusiasm of further learning.
Cartridge Filter Housing
Why Choose Filson Cartridge Filter Housing?
Filson is committed to being your trusted cartridge filter housing partner in China with the highest quality and economical price. For over 18 years in the filtration field, we always pursue innovative design, advanced technology, professional production, and sincere service. Tell us the challenges and difficulties of your filtration process, we desire to grow with each of your projects.
- Guaranteed Quality
Each batch of raw materials has passed the relevant accreditation for premium quality
- Expert Service
Our engineer and sales team hold regular expertise seminars for recent technology challenge
- Economical Price
Every product will be delivered directly from our own factory at the most economical price
- Fast Logistics
Closely cooperate with several popular logistics companies for minimal shipping time
Filson cartridge filter housing also called cartridge filter vessel, offers a complete line of single cartridge filter housings and multi-cartridge filter housings for use in the clarification, sterilization and high-efficiency filtration of liquids and gases.
Filson cartridge filter housing can be custom manufactured with the widest range of sizes, material, and cartridge filter housing design options to exactly match your flow rate, pressure rating, and holding volume requirements, including 316 stainless steel cartridge filter housing, industrial cartridge filter housings, sock filter housing, single cartridge filter housing, multi-cartridge filter housing.
Ask for a quick quote on Filson Cartridge filter housing now!
Filson Cartridge Filter Housing
Filson cartridge filter housings can fit DOE, Type 222, or Type 226 filter cartridges in 10-inch, 20-inch, 30-inch, 40-inch or 60-inch lengths.
We have a full selection of water filter cartridges to use with Filson or other brand’s cartridge filter housings.
To offer larger contaminant holding capabilities and flow capacities up to 8000 gpm, Filson SS cartridge filter housing can accommodate cartridges from 1 to more than 200.
Compared to other cartridge filter housing manufacturers, Filson industrial cartridge filter housings delivery end-users a large variety of cartridge filter design choices for chemical compatibility and increased particle retention. Filson cartridge filter housings are ideal using in chemical systems, commercial RO and membrane water treatment systems, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food & beverage, industrial facilities…
With the Filson’s know how in cartridge filter housing industry, we can help you save costs and remain competitive by being your OEM partner for stainless steel filter housing.
Whether for standard, custom or different thickness, Filson cartridge filter housings provide a high quality solution for all market needs.
Filson Single Cartridge Filter Housing are rugged, lightweight and low in cost to provide economical filtration of a wide variety of liquids.
It features a ring-nut closure, clamp closure or bolt closure with a standard O-ring for quick, easy cartridge change-outs and secure sealing.
Filson single cartridge filter housing configurations include inline, T-type, L-type and open types.
Flexible connections and adjustable-height legs allow the end-user to easily install the housings to new or existing limited space.
Wall mounting brackets are available as well.
Filson single cartridge filter housings are sold ready to install with all gaskets, o-rings and parts.
And it allows fully access all cartridge filter vessel internal surfaces for easy cleaning with ss filter housing complete disassembly possibility.
Buna-N gaskets are standard, while other materials are available for stainless steel cartridge filter housing positive seal thereby preventing fluid bypass.
Flow rates up to 100 GPM, Filson single cartridge filter housing are even available to hot water and high-pressure applications with polished or sandblast surface treatment.
Filson Multi-Cartridge Filter Housing or multi cartridge filter vessel is an industrial water filter housing with a lightweight, externally polished stainless steel design.
It has superior flow capacities and contaminant holding capabilities with a wide variety and numbers of filter cartridges.
Filson multi-cartridge filters provide outstanding durability and reliable performance across variety of industrial and commercial applications.
It features including a swing bolt secured, quick opening cover, sealing plate and an internal positive pressure cartridge alignment.
Constructed from 304, 316 or 316L stainless steel, Filson multi cartridge filter housings comes with standard zinc plated bolts and legs.
For added corrosion resistance, all cover bolt and leg mounting hardware can be offered with stainless steel options.
Filson multi cartridge filter housings are available with threaded or flanged connections for easy mounting on equipment or on the floor to conserve space.( If you need to import flanged for your marine project, here is a good supplier)
And Filson vertical stainless steel cartridge filter housing adopts user-friendly cover lifting device for easy replacing filter cartridges.
Compared to other stainless steel filter housing, Filson multi cartridge filter housings can accommodate more than 200 cartridges around.
For large flow applications, you can choose the vertical to minimize the system’s floor space, or the horizontal option to maximize ease of operation.
Filson Horizontal Cartridge Filter Housing is a high flow cartridge filter housing with horizontal design.
They provide large diameter cartridges resulting in fewer cartridges and smaller, lower costs, comparing with other cartridge filter vessels using normal size filter cartridges.
Filson horizontal cartridge filter housings have slight pitch to prevent liquid spillage when opening cover.
Our users will spend less time cleaning filter systems and changing cartridge by the hinged cover and removable cartridge support plate in cartridge filter vessel.
Filson horizontal cartridge filter housing features large size clean and dirty drain for easy venting, draining and sampling.
An air vent facilitates effective venting before start up or draining, especially in high flow rate or high pressure ratings filtration use.
.Available for flow rates up to 8000gpm, Filson horizontal stainless steel filter housings filter fluids at reduced pricing.
Filson horizontal filter housing’s quality workmanship and chemical compatibility assure clean fluids and consistent, reliable filtration performance.
Features of Filson Cartridge Filter Housing
- High-grade carbon, stainless steel 304, 316, 316 L construction
- Crevice-free welding provide a smooth interior for easy cleaning
- Standard features include vent, gauge ports, clean drain & dirty drain connections
- T-Port/ In-Line/ Open/ L-Port choices for single cartridge filter housing
- Flanged or threaded connection for multi cartridge filter housings
- Duplex are available for continual operation
- Minimal pressure losses due to optimized flow patterns
- Cartridge filter housing has a universal top seal plate for cup, spring or fin style tops
- Machined cover gasket groove provides positive O-ring sealing
- Each cartridge filter housing get through factory hydro-tested
- Custom possibilities for high-pressure/hot water applications
- Single unit disassembly for easy cleaning and cartridge replacement.
- All parts (except o-ring) can be made of stainless steel for strength, durability and chemical compatibility
- Polished or sandblast exterior and pickle passivate interior / exterior for enhanced corrosion resistance
What is Cartridge Filter
Filson cartridge filter is composed of cartridge filter vessel, water filter cartridges( melt blown, wound PP…) and internal support cage.
They are mainly used to effectively and economically remove solids from liquid, especially capturing fine particles and contamination.
Most water purification processes choose Filson industrial cartridge filters as the final step.
According to different flow rate and filter medium requests, Filson could offer single cartridge filter housing, multi cartridge filter housing, carbon liquid cartridge filter, ss316 cartridge filter housing, ss304 industrial cartridge filter housing for better serving your systems.
Cartridge Filter Working Principle
Unfiltered liquid enters Filson cartridge filter housing and is distributed evenly around the water filter cartridges from outside to inside.
Solids are collected on the cartridges outside for easy removal.
The filtered liquid then exits through the outlet pipe of cartridge filter housing.
Bag Filter vs Cartridge Filter
- Both are sediments filters, but most Filson liquid cartridge filters have a much greater filter surface than bag filters as inner water filter cartridges have a pleated conformation.
- Filson filter bags can be reused for low operating cost, while Filson cartridge filter inserts are normally disposable that they have to be replaced when the cartridge filter housing is clogged.
- Filson bag filters are mostly surface-type filters and are frequently used for dust removal with filtration media, such as activated carbon, needle felt, and nylon. Filson cartridge filters, including multi cartridge filter and single cartridge filter housings can be surface or depth-type filters.
- An industrial cartridge filter housing is preferred as sub-micron filtration where there are very low micron levels of contamination and fine particles need to be removed. In many cases, Filson cartridge filter housings can be used as a final purification step.
FilSon cartridge filter housing can be custom manufactured with a large variety of shapes, materials, flow capacities, and filter cartridges, such as multi-cartridge filter housing, stainless steel water filter housing, sock filter housing, and high flow filter housing.
All heavy-duty 304L, 306 or 316L SS cartridge filter housings are mirror polished for maximum durability and corrosion resistance.
- 100% stainless steel for durability
- Ring cover seal for no external leaks
- Two drains provided for clean and dirty fluids
- Pipe fittings are readily accessible for easy installation
- Standard with pressure gauges, mounting legs and flange connections
- Extensive choice of cartridge micron ratings – 0.35, 1, 5, 10, 20, 50 ,100
Filson cartridge filter housing is convenient to install and clean. There are around 1 to 52 cartridges in stainless steel water filter to offer a wide range of flow capacities.
V-band clamp or swing bolt closures are designed for quick, easy cartridge change-outs and secure sealing.
Cartridge filters housing can be used in chemical systems, general pre-filtration, high-purity water and even food & beverages.
As a leading cartridge filter housing manufacturer, Filson can supply all kinds of cartridge filter housing for any applications like water filtration, oil filtration etc.
Technical Data of Filson Cartridge Filter Housing
- Material of Construction:Carbon Steel, SS304, SS316, ..
- Available Cartridge Lengths:10″20″30″40″60″
- Maximum Flow Rate:Up to 8000 GPM
- Design Pressure: 300 psi
- Design Temperature:300°F (149ºC)
- Ring Seals: Buna N, EPR, Viton, Teflon
- Other Options: duplex vessel, horizontal design
Application of Filson Cartridge Filter Housing
- Potable Water
- Process Water
- Oil and Gas
- Food & Beverage
- Pre RO water
- Compressed air
Filson: Industry Leading Cartridge Filter Housing Manufacturer in China
Filson cartridge filter housing can be manufactured in a wide range of materials including stainless steel, carbon steel, FRP, plastic, you can choose the optimal one according to your specific filtration media, viscosity, corrosivity, temperature, pressure. Besides, we provide both single and multi-cartridge filter housing to meet the different flow rate need of your application.
Filson has strong strength to supply quality cartridge filter housing for your water cartridge filter with our advanced equipment and complete production line. From residential to industrial, from stainless steel cartridge filter housing to plastic filter housing, Filson is devoted to be your best choice.
Filson cartridge filter housing is rated at 300 psi (20 bar) with a maximum temperature of 500℉(260℃), providing excellent performance in harsh conditions. Plus, great corrosion production is another advantage, it may adapt different acid and alkali liquids from plastic cartridge filter housing, FRP cartridge filter housing to stainless steel cartridge filter housing.
With positive o-ring sealing, Filson cartridges filter housings ensure leak-proof and no particle or fiber migration even at high differential pressures. Further, the material of the o-ring can be offered with Buna-N, EPDM, Viton, Silicone, etc., please consider the chemical compatibility of your filtration media before your final decision.
Common cartridge filter housings from Filson provide quick closure mechanisms involving v-clamps, screw clamps, tie rods, swing bolts, eye nuts, and David-closures. Moreover, BSP, NPT, DIN/ANSI flange… are always your connection options for individual design.
Filson can design both vertical and horizontal cartridge filter housing types. If your installation space is compact, you are recommended to choose a vertical type to minimize the footprint, while if you pay more attention on the ease of operation, the horizontal type may be your perfect option.
Do not worry about your urgent or large quantity order since we have abundant stock of standard cartridge filter housing. In addition, bespoke service is our specialty, just send us various specifications you required or your drawing directly, our expert engineers will help you in designing and manufacturing.
Each Filson cartridge filter housing will be checked strictly before delivery to guarantee the best quality and minimize product loss. And we customize the most proper wooden case and plastic film as a secure package, while with a fast delivery time in 10-20 working days.
Not only does manufactures industrial cartridge filter housing, water cartridge filter housing, wine cartridge filter housing, Filson also supplies multifarious matched filter cartridges: PP filter cartridges, string wound filter cartridges, melt blown filter cartridges, pleated filter cartridges. Filtration accuracy is supported to customization.
In addition, if there is any doubt of cartridge filter housing or any other filtration question, please feel free to contact our experienced sales or technicians. We will reply to your message within 4 hours and we are happy to assist you to complete your project.
Call us at 86-157 0695 8886 or email to [email protected] for more detailed information. Filson will never let you down of our premium quality and preferential price!
Looking forward to a sincere collaboration.
Filson Cartridge Filter Housing Features:
- Excellent resistance of high temperature and pressure
- Low differential pressure with safe&stable operation
- High flow design for heavy duty industrial application
- Good chemical compatibility by variable material options
- Positive o-ring sealing arrangement to avoid bypassing
- Optional inlet/outlet connections for various systems
- Easy to filter replacement with a range of quick closures
Filson Cartridge Filter Housing Specifications:
- Raw material: SS 304, SS 316L, CS, PP, PVC, FRP
- Flow rate: over 2000m3/h
- Rated pressure: up to 300 PSI
- Design temp: up to 500℉
- Cartridge length: 10”, 20”, 30”, 40” 50”, 60”
- Cartridge diameter: 2”, 2.5”, 4”, 6”, 8”
- of cartridge: up to 500 per housing
- Cartridge connection: 222/226/DOE/SOE/NPT …
- Inlet/Outlet: NPT/BSP, ANSI/DIN flange …
Filson Cartridge Filter Housing Application:
- Wine production process
- Whole house water system
- Industrial water treatment
- Food&beverage industry
- Saltwater/Seawater treatment
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Processing chemicals
- Petroleum derivatives
- Reverse osmosis prefiltration
Cartridge Filter Housing: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
If you have any question about cartridge filter housing, you find the answer right here.
From design, specification, classification to quality testing – you will find all information you’re looking for right here.
Keep reading to learn more.
- What is a Cartridge Filter Housing?
- What are the Applications of a Cartridge Filter Housing?
- What are the Benefits of a Cartridge Filter Housing?
- What are the Qualities of a Good Cartridge Filter Housing?
- What are the Benefits of Using Stainless Steel in a Cartridge Filter Housing?
- How Can you Test for Quality in a Cartridge Filter Housing?
- What Quality Standards Should a Cartridge Filter Housing Conform To?
- What Determinants will Influence the Design of a Cartridge Filter Housing?
- What are the Features of a Cartridge Filter Housing?
- What are the Parts of a Cartridge Filter Housing?
- What is the Working Principle of a Cartridge Filter Housing?
- What Surface Finishes Are Available for Cartridge Filter Housing?
- What are the Types of Cartridge Filter Housing Available?
- What are the Other Types of Filter Housings Available in the Market?
- What Should You Look for When Selecting a Cartridge Filter Housing?
- How Can you Test for Leakages in Cartridge Filter Housing?
- What are the Factors that Will Determine the Configuration of a Cartridge Filter Housing?
- What Materials Are Used to Make a Cartridge Filter Housing?
- How Does a Low Pressure and High Pressure Cartridge Filter Housing Compare?
- What is the Cleaning Process of a Cartridge Filter Housing?
- How Can Improve the Efficiency of a Cartridge Filter Housing?
- How Does a Duplex and Simplex Cartridge Filter Housing Compare?
- What Factors Influence the Price of a Cartridge Filter Housing?
- What is the Installation Procedure of a Cartridge Filter Housing?
What is a Cartridge Filter Housing?
This is a device that operates by distributing dirty water evenly within the cartridges, from the exterior to the interior.
Contaminants will remain on the external part for easy removal while clean water leaves the system via the outlet valve.
Cartridge filter housing
What are the Applications of a Cartridge Filter Housing?
These applications include:
- Purification of water
- Cosmetic industries
- Food and beverage industries
- Oil and gas industries
- Sterilization or removal of microorganisms
- Textile and paint industries
- Chemical industries
- Automotive industries
- Agricultural industries
What are the Benefits of a Cartridge Filter Housing?
This equipment will offer several benefits to your application.
- It will protect all the filter element within the housing from wear and tear.
- Also, it will save on construction space.
- It is durable thus you can use it for several years.
- Besides, it enhances the filtration speed.
- Also, you will incur minimal maintenance costs as it is simple.
- It will also meet the filtration prerequisites.
- The strength of the system makes it withstand high pressures during the filtration process.
- It is lightweight and has a simple design.
- Stainless steel body construction makes it resistant to corrosion.
- The simple design enables one to easily replace the cartridges, bags, and baskets within the cartridge filter housing.
- It can also contain various types of filtration units.
What are the Qualities of a Good Cartridge Filter Housing?
These are many good qualities and they are:
- The housing must have an appropriate separation effect.
- It should offer a broad filtration space.
- Besides, it should have curving corners that will lower the chances of it cracking under high pressures.
- Cartridge filter housing should be compatible and meet your specific operational filtration parameters.
- The material constriction needs to be resistant to chemicals and contaminants that are in the fluid you are filtering.
- Besides, the housing should be strong to withstand the operating pressure, rate of flow, and processing temperatures.
- The curving corners will also make cleaning easier.
- It has to conform to international quality standards such as ASMA and PED.
- The surface finish should be pleasing and effective.
- Its system should also offer an accurate and maximum filtration process.
- The housing should have a low-pressure loss in line with the fluid you are processing.
- Besides, the construction should provide ease of opening, repairing, and replacing the parts.
- The housing should not have crevices or cracks that will house contaminants.
What are the Benefits of Using Stainless Steel in a Cartridge Filter Housing?
This material is one of the strongest that can construct a cartridge filter housing.
The benefits include:
- It can handle high pressure and low flow rates.
- Also, it is simple and easy to clean and disinfect.
- Stainless steel offers a stylistic appeal.
- besides, it can withstand degradation from a large pool of agents.
- The strength will inhibit it from bending at high-temperature levels.
How Can you Test for Quality in a Cartridge Filter Housing?
The reason for testing is to make sure it can handle high pressures and that it does not leak.
Some testing methods one can conduct include:
Helium leak test
This test makes sure that the connections and seals of the cartridge filter housing are airtight.
Add helium gas to the cartridge filter housing for a minute, until it fills with water.
Investigate the seals as you turn up the gas pressure in small amounts.
Proof and Burst Test
This test measures the working pressure of the cartridge filter housing.
Using oil and pressure 1.5 times the maximum pressure for 30 minutes to verify this test.
This test calculates the reasonable pressure drop of the cartridge filter housing.
One can apply water or helium gas depending on the type of filter.
Thereafter, you will measure the difference between inlet and outlet ports to assess the differential pressure.
What Quality Standards Should a Cartridge Filter Housing Conform To?
Conforming to quality standards ensures the cartridge filter housing is safe for use.
These standards are:
- 3-A sanitary standard
- ISO 9001:2015
- ASME code
- Food and Drug Administration [FDA]
- CE mark of quality
- Environmental Protection Agency [EPA]
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Pressure equipment directive 2014/68/EU
What Determinants will Influence the Design of a Cartridge Filter Housing?
- Total suspended solids [TSS]
- Time of service
- The rate of flow
- Operating pressure
- Overall cost
- The operating temperature
- Filtration rating
- Operating technique I.e. Batch or continuous.
What are the Features of a Cartridge Filter Housing?
These features are:
- High-quality material construction such as 304 stainless steel.
- Flexibility and durability.
- Resistance to corrosion, high pressure, and temperature levels.
What are the Parts of a Cartridge Filter Housing?
Several parts make up a cartridge filter housing.
This part joins two cartridge filter housings.
Also, it can double the capacity of the cartridge filter housing.
It achieves this by extending the length of the filter thus improving the efficiency of the filtration process.
Besides, they lower the production cost since they are reusable.
This is an important part of the cartridge filter housing.
It functions by restricting fluids within the unit from leaking.
Also, it prevents dust from entering the cartridge filter housing.
Besides, they make sure you achieve the best filtration possible.
This is possible as it securely holds the filter elements in the filter housing.
Always use high-quality caps in the filter housing a slow quality caps may lead to leakages.
Besides, leakages in the filter housing will damage these components.
This part is at the bottom of the system.
It holds all the fluid that did not undergo filtration during the filtration process.
This part will firmly hold the cartridge filter housing in place.
Two options are available: flexible and inflexible systems.
Small cartridge filter housings usually use flexible stands.
Flexible stands enable the operators to alter the position of the filter housing during the filtration process.
Large continuous applications with huge processes make use of inflexible stands.
Inflexible stands are stationary this the cartridge filter housing is also stationary.
Differential Pressure Gauges
This part will monitor the pressure drop in the entire filter housing and will alert you when it is time to replace the elements.
Differential pressure gauge
One will find the incoming and outgoing process fluid ports in these parts.
It helps in drawing inlet and outlet samples to conduct quality tests.
Pressure Release Valves
This part will assist with regulating the pressure levels within the filter housing.
They are normally on the side of the cartridge filter housing.
Also, they make sure the filter housing will not explode or break during the filtration process.
It maintains this by ensuring the pressure will not go beyond the maximum level.
Pressure release valve
This is the external part of the filter housing and can come from several types of materials.
Most cartridge filter housings use high-quality material that can withstand effects such as:
- External environmental pressure
- Ensure maintenance of chemical compatibility
This part will inhibit air from entering the filter housing after the vent releases it into the environment.
Outlet and Inlet Ports
The inlet port will allow fluids to enter whereas the outlet ports will help the fluids to exit the cartridge filter housing.
This part contains the cartridges and should be big enough to hold the appropriate number of cartridges.
These parts help in canceling leakages from occurring from the cartridge filter housing.
Air Elimination Unit
It is also known as the vents and assists air within the cartridge filter housing to exit after the process fluid fills it.
Also, it is automatic hence will shut once the air escapes into the environment.
This part is at the bottom part of the cartridge filter housing.
They assist in eliminating products of the sump and also allows you to collect fluid samples in the filter housing.
Also, it will help you to access the elements within the system.
This part will help you to fix the cartridge filter housing in a pipeline system.
Also, one can use it to remove the process fluids in the filter housing when you are replacing filter elements.
This part seals the bowl after the installation of the filter elements.
It holds the pressure release valves, check valves, and the vent.
What is the Working Principle of a Cartridge Filter Housing?
This equipment works simply as fluid will first enter via the inlet nozzle.
The filter housing then directs it to the filter cartridges, bags, or baskets for filtration to occur.
After it is complete, the clean fluid will exit via the outlet nozzle.
What Surface Finishes Are Available for Cartridge Filter Housing?
These finishes will provide an aesthetic and professional appeal.
This method will employ nitric or citric acid to assist in eliminating free iron and extra ferrous impurities.
It will leave behind a resistant and protective layer of oxide that is extremely resistant to corrosion.
Nevertheless, this method is not suitable for stainless steel grades that contain low nickel and chromium levels.
Also, this technique is not suitable for furnishing surfaces that pass welding and brazing.
This is the opposite of electroplating.
It will rekindle the roughness of the valleys and surface through an electrochemical process.
Electropolishing, through getting rid of thin layers, eliminates:
- Small cracks
- Ingrained contaminants
- Oxide scales
- Additional imperfections
This process is suitable for all kinds of steel material.
Also, it offers 30 times more resistance to corrosion than passivation.
After polishing, the surface will have a durable and appealing bright nature.
This method will employ electric current to embed another metal material on the surface of the substrate metal.
The advantages of electroplating are:
- It will increase the resistance of the material to corrosion
- Also, it improves resistance to wear and tear
- Besides, it will increase the aesthetic appeal of the material
Abrasive Blasting or Sandblasting
This method will force an abrasive material on the surface of metals as fluid on high pressure propels the blasting material.
This high-pressure force will:
- Smooth rough surfaces
- Roughen smooth surfaces
- Shape the surface of metals
- Eliminate the contaminants on the surface
This technique will use a combination of both nitric and hydrofluoric acid.
It will eliminate the low chromium layer of material and high-temperature scales away from the surface of the filter housing.
These chemicals will also assist in eliminating ferrous materials and ferric acid oxide.
When you remove layers of low chromium, you will increase the resistance of the filter housing to corrosion.
This method will eliminate marks and levels and also clean the surface of the metal.
Mechanical and Chemical Planarization
Here you will use chemical and mechanical forces that will smooth the surface of metals.
It is a combination of chemical etching and abrasive polishing.
In this method, you will rub smooth tools on the surface of metals.
The operator applies ample pressure to improve the finishing and the size of the surface.
This is a method where you use a strong acid to cut metal surfaces.
Here you will place metal inside a barrel that has abrasives.
The barrel will vibrate making the metals rub against the abrasive products.
It causes the metals to have a shiny appeal to them.
Here, you will remove burrs that come about during the production process.
These burrs arise due to milling, drilling, etc.
What are the Types of Cartridge Filter Housing Available?
Horizontal Cartridge Filter Housing
Horizontal cartridge filter housing
It offers high flow rates and a horizontal design.
Multi-cartridge Filter Housing
This is a lightweight stainless steel design that has great flow capacities.
It will also hold a large number of contaminants.
Multi cartridge filter housing
Single Cartridge Filter Housing
Single cartridge filter housing
These are lightweight and cost-effective filtration systems.
What are the Other Types of Filter Housings Available in the Market?
- Y and T strainers
- Bag filter housing
- Casted basket strainers
- Cartridge filter housing
- Vent filter
- Fabricated strainers
- Polypropylene filter housing
- Self-cleaning filter
- Polyvinyl chloride bag filter housing
- Polyvinyl chloride cartridge filter housing
What Should You Look for When Selecting a Cartridge Filter Housing?
One should look check the following:
It is important to understand the correct operating temperature for the filter housing.
Filter housings acceptable for low working temperatures than your application results in a lower fluid viscosity.
This will affect the quality of the filtration process.
A cartridge filter housing can have a manual or automatic drainage system.
Choose one depending on the available resources.
Automatic drainage units will minimize human involvement.
The position of the inlet and outlet nozzles varies from one model to another.
Ensure the system matches the filter housing as this enables you to have proper piping systems.
Ensure you select a filter housing that will perform well with your operational requirements.
Determining this happens by finding out the maximum and nominal levels of pressure that the filter housing functions.
A low-pressure system will destroy all the filter elements if your system performs at high pressure.
The material that makes the housing depends on various factors.
Some applications are good for meeting specific needs like cleanliness and temperature changes.
Ensure the material is compatible with the chemical nature and contaminants of the fluid.
Always select a filter housing that matches the flow rate of your application.
This ensures you achieve a flawless transfer of pressure in the system.
The work area will influence the size of this system.
Also, the unique needs of the environment will influence your choice.
Ensure you select a filter housing that meets international standards and integrity tests.
Make sure the work area can accommodate the filter housing.
Ensure the filter housing is within your budget since the cost incorporates
- Extra features
Model and Design
Ensure you buy the correct model and series of the filter housing as varying usages apply different filters.
For example, some designs allow you to place filters at the top, bottom, inside, outside, etc.
Selecting the correct filter housing model and design ensures it works well with your system.
The wrong filter housing will result in incompatibility issues.
Installing a filter housing impacts the efficiency and cost of the unit.
For example, systems that need varying fluid cleanliness levels require small filters at the point of usage.
This enables you to achieve an effective filtration than a central installation.
Ensure the installation is in a visible location as it enables one to conduct maintenance easily.
Consider the pressure drops when sizing the unit.
How Can you Test for Leakages in Cartridge Filter Housing?
Here are the steps to test for leakages:
- Step one
Connect the cartridge filter housing to a gaseous helium tank.
- Step two
Dip the filter housing underwater and increase the pressure of the helium supply steadily.
- Step three
Perform this test at 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% of the maximum working pressure that is allowable.
Continuously monitor the production of bubbles.
- Step four
When the production of bubbles occurs for over one minute, this illustrates that the cartridge filter housing is leaking.
What are the Factors that Will Determine the Configuration of a Cartridge Filter Housing?
The performance of a cartridge filter housing is directly proportional to its size.
This means that bigger filter housing will perform better.
Here are some factors that will influence the configuration of the cartridge filter housing:
- Filtration efficiency
- The flow rate of the filter
- The amount and features of the contaminants
- Replacement frequency of the filter
What Materials Are Used to Make a Cartridge Filter Housing?
Several materials can make this system and it depends on the needs of your filtration process.
These materials include:
This material contains carbon and iron alloys and other materials present are copper, silicon, and manganese.
Its strength depends on the quantity of carbon you add and the different grades of carbon steel include:
- Mild carbon steel
- Medium strength
- High carbon steel
This is among the best materials and it has carbon in low quantities of between 0.03% to 1% with iron.
Adding chromium [at least 11%] will enhance the resistance of this material to corrosion.
Depending on the amount of alloy you add, stainless steel comes in different grades like 200, 300, or 400.
Grade 300 stainless steel offers the best corrosion resistance.
Some examples include 304 and 316 stainless steel
These are appropriate for use in highly corrosive environments, low pressure, and flow rates.
They are conducive to lightweight, non-corrosive substances, cheap, and can function at high temperatures.
The construction can be of:
- Polyvinylidene difluoride [PVDF]
This is resistant to chemicals and also comes with stainless steel support bars on the exterior.
They are hydrophobic thus suitable for making membrane housings that will eliminate water from gas streams.
They are lightweight and good for a wide array of applications.
However, they are not durable and are weak than steel or carbon steel, and are susceptible to chemicals.
How Does a Low Pressure and High Pressure Cartridge Filter Housing Compare?
High-pressure cartridge filter housing can handle high pressure and heat as they are durable.
Also, high-pressure cartridge filter housings are costly than low-pressure cartridge filter housings.
Low-pressure filter housings are suitable for low-pressure environments.
What is the Cleaning Process of a Cartridge Filter Housing?
How Can Improve the Efficiency of a Cartridge Filter Housing?
Repair or replace all broken or faulty parts with new and genuine parts.
Use lubricants to minimize tear and wear and seal all joints to eliminate leakages.
Completely shut down the system before opening it.
Regularly clean the components to minimize the build-up of dirt.
How Does a Duplex and Simplex Cartridge Filter Housing Compare?
One can use a simplex cartridge filter housing in several applications.
Also, it is simple to open and clean thus lowering downtime
A duplex filter housing is suitable for the continuous filtration process meaning you cannot stop the process midway.
Duplex filter housings are durable with a long service time since they have a high dirt holding capability.
What Factors Influence the Price of a Cartridge Filter Housing?
- Pressure rating
- Flow rating
- Construction material
- Models and designs
- Process application
What is the Installation Procedure of a Cartridge Filter Housing?
Here is the process:
- Establish inlet and outlet ports.
- Properly align the piping unit.
- Including shutoff valves is optional as it enables draining contents while replacing the cartridges.
- Choose a stable support system.
- Install the cartridge filter housing then connect the piping by following the manual.
- Ensure you align then close the seals and gaskets.
- Open the shut-off valves to allow fluid to enter the cartridge filter housing.
- Ensure differential pressure reading is correct by referring to the manual.
At FilSon Filters, we will help you find durable and quality cartridge filter housing.
For any questions or inquiry, contact FilSon Filters team right now.