Your Premier Air Sparger Manufacturer in China
Filson air sparger, sometimes equal to gas sparger, is an ideal option for high-efficiency gas-to-liquid contacting. It is used for a wide range of industrial applications to introduce different gases to the process liquids.
There are few companies in China producing and providing air spargers, let alone products with good quality and competitive prices. Filson is one of the professional air sparger manufacturers and suppliers in China to offer excellent sintered metal media for your applications.
Filson is confident in this field and no matter how unique and special your requirements are, Filson will try their best to face the challenge and give you a satisfactory answer. You are now in the right place to purchase an air sparger. Read the following passage and get a superior sparger for your production.
Filson Air Sparger
Why Choose Filson Air Sparger
Filson provides the best and most technical air sparger design calculation for our customers. We always put customers’ needs in the first place. On the premise of respecting your opinions, Filson customizes the appropriate solution to your specifications.
Filson has a stable supply of raw materials for your robust air sparger construction. And we own a series of professional and advanced equipment for sparger manufacturing to meet your large order needs and high-quality control.
Filson is a trustworthy supplier, and you can always get air spargers from Filson at a reasonable price. On the same quality basis, you can purchase air sparger at a relatively lower price compared to others. Filson exports products directly from our factory, and there is no extra charge on each order of your air sparger.
Speak of air sparger exports, Filson has been engaged in export trade business since its foundation. Our customers are from 30 different countries around the world and our products now are existing in the market covering a large variety of industries.
Cost-effective Air Sparger Choice for All Sorts of Industries
Filson air sparger is a sintered metal media applied to various industries and situations from food and beverage, pharmaceuticals to aquaculture. Generally, it is used to distribute a specific gas into the target liquid to satisfy the application needs.
Diagram of Air Sparger in a Bioreactor
Filson has accumulated plenty of experience in filtration through over 20 years’ exploration and development. Our veteran engineering team is authoritative in air sparger designing and manufacturing. So we are ready to meet any of your sparger problems and project all the time.
With the progressive sintering furnaces, molding machines,s and accuracy testing equipment, Filson carries the full capability of fabricating air spargers. And supported by the latest technology and extensive expertise, Filson provides help through the whole service.
Filson Air Sparger in Package
Filson air sparger system contains complete types of devices to fit your different industrial application use. They are steam sparger, nitrogen sparger, CO2 sparger, oxygen sparger and ammonia sparger.
The types mentioned above are classified by the gas you may introduce into the liquid. And if classified by use and shape, there are ring air sparger, frit air sparger, micro air sparger, bioreactor air sparger, and fermenter air sparger at Filson.
Filson Nitrogen Sparger Working Effect
As for the materials, Filson offers you a broad range of options. Commonly, an air sparger is constructed with stainless steel 316L for its high-temperature resistance up to 400℃ and the capability to withstand differential pressure up to 500psid.
It’s certainly available to manufacture air sparger in other materials at Filson factory. Except for 316L, other grades of stainless steel, like 304 SS, 347 SS, and 430 SS, can be used for construction. And higher metal materials, like Inconel, Monel, and Hastelloy, are also viable.
Good Properties of Filson Air Sparger
You can easily find Filson air sparger in bioreactors and fermenters. In the culture process, Filson air sparger supplies sufficient air and oxygen to support the growth of cells. Under the same principle, most aquacultures or fish farmings choose Filson air spargers to solve the problem of oxygen deficit, thus significantly stimulating fish growth.
In addition to air, oxygen, carbon dioxide, nitrogen and ammonia, there are many other gases that can be applied to your reaction or production process.
Ozone Sintered Sparger Disc in Operation
- Chlorine ( Cl2 ) can be used in the pulp and paper industry to bleach the paper pulp.
- Hydrogen ( H2 ) is usually used for a broad spectrum of chemical hydrogenation reactions.
- Argon ( Ar ) can replace oxygen during beer brewing to avoid oxidizing reactions.
- Ozone ( O3 ) is sparged to sanitize ultrapure water systems in pharmaceutical plants.
Tiny Bubbles Made by Air Sparger
Filson pays 100% concentration on the design calculation of your air sparger. No matter for the appearance or the performance ( precise pore size control and gas dissolution efficiency ), Filson guarantees that you will receive the best one.
Before your larger order, Filson can provide you with a free sample constructed according to your application for you to check the details. So that you can compare the performance and cost of our air spargers to what you are using now.
Let Filson introduce the right air sparger for you. Just send us the following details and specifications of your required air sparger: application, type of containment ( tank or pipeline ), gas type, gas flow rate, liquid type, and liquid temperature.
Filson will always be your reliable advisor for air sparger. Don’t hesitate to contact us today and get an instant quote. Our Filson engineering sales are here for you 24/7 and you can solve your air sparger problem in a short time.
Filson Air Sparger Function:
- Introduce different gases into liquids
- Inject air for mixing liquids in a vessel
- Sparge specific gas like CO2 to facilitate the reaction
- Transfer enough oxygen or air for fermenter to promote cell growth
- Control and adjust pH in waste or process streams
- Create fine bubbles for increased contact area
Filson Air Sparger Feature:
- Well-performed in high temperature and corrosion environments
- Food grade construction material for safety and security
- High porosity media for exceptional mass transfer efficiency
- Durable structure due to advanced sintering technology
- Available to be cleaned or replaced, reusable
- Uniquely designed connection to allow easy assembly
- Precise and even pore size control for better diffusion effect
- Increased gas-to-liquid contacting area
- Reduced energy/gas/air consumption for cost savings
- Excellent mechanical stability to withstand high pressure
Filson Air Sparger Specification:
- Construction material: SS 304, 316L, titanium, Inconel, Monel, Nickel, Hastelloy
- Micron rating: 0.2 – 100μm ( typically 0.5 – 12μm )
- Sparger length: 6 – 48inch
- Porous element length: 1 – 4inch
- Maximum resistant temperature: up to 787℃( determined by materials and environments )
- Operating pressure: 0.2 – 2MPa ( maximum: 3.4MPa )
- Connection: NPT threads, straight tube, flange, sanitary connections
Note: specifications listed above are for reference only, available to be customized, contact Filson.
Filson Air Sparger Application:
- Food and beverage ( for carbonation )
- Pulp and paper ( for bleaching)
- Chemical processing ( for volatile stripping or reactions )
- Water treatment ( for pH control )
- Beer brewing ( for carbonation )
- Wine production ( for O2 stripping )
- Bioreactor/fermenter ( for oxygenation )
- Mining ( for agitation )
- Aquaculture ( for O2 supplying )
People Also Ask
An air sparger, sometimes also called a gas sparger, refers to an industrial device used to distribute gas needed for the reaction into a target liquid ( water, beverage, or chemical solvent ). Due to its particular function, air sparger can also use as a bubbler, carbonation tool, or diffuser.
Basically, air sparger is sintered of various materials including but not limited to stainless steel 304, 316L SS, 430 SS, titanium, Inconel, Monel, Nickel, and Hastelloy. With special sintering technology, the air sparger is featured with uniform pore distribution, a precise micron rating, and good mechanical strength to satisfy your different application needs.
Filson Air Sparger
Sure, there is.
You may think air sparger, steam sparger, and gas sparger have the same definition for they are in the same form. However, there surely is a difference between them.
The air sparger sometimes equals the gas sparger, but in some special conditions, the air sparger exactly refers to a sintered metal sparger to introduce ‘air’ to the reactor.
As for the steam sparger, it is mostly used to heat the liquid instead of simply introducing steam into the water and bringing reactions. We usually classify the steam sparger as air sparger or gas sparger.
Determined by different industrial applications, there is a wide range of gas that can be applied to an air sparger including nitrogen, carbon dioxide, oxygen, ammonia, argon, chlorine, hydrogen, and ozone.
Next, I will list the main applications of these gases:
- Nitrogen: to reduce the oxygen involved in edible oil, wine, fruit juice, and other beverages
- Carbon dioxide: to control pH and carbonated beverages
- Oxygen: to improve performance of reactor and provide a necessity for cells and biologies
- Ammonia: to adjust pH in waste or process streams
- Argon: to avoid oxidizing reactions during beer brewing
- Chlorine: to bleach in pulp and paper industry
- Hydrogen: to support chemical hydrogenation reactions
- Ozone: to sanitize ultrapure water systems in pharmaceutical plants
If your application is not mentioned above, don’t worry. They are only some of the most common gases and applications. You can know more details by consulting our Filson professional engineering team.
Air Sparger to Introduce Gases to Liquids
Oxygen is the most widely distributed element in nature. It is a necessity for almost all creatures existing on the earth. Oxygen is a colorless and odorless gas and it’s hard to be dissolved in water. Here it brings a challenge for cells in bioreactors.
At this time, an air sparger or oxygen sparger can help a lot. The sintered structure offers a precise and even more distribution on the surface of the device. The pores create thousands of paths for oxygen to pass through. Then the oxygen is introduced into the bioreactor in the form of millions of fine bubbles.
Though oxygen is not easy to dissolve in water, the small size bubbles increase the contact area between the gas and the liquid. By doing this, the cells in the bioreactor get enough oxygen for growth and productivity.
Air Sparger in Bioreactors
It might not be that cheap for air sparger to be manufactured through a sintering process. It’s a high-end technology and a series of sintering equipment ( like the sintering furnace ) is really expensive to purchase. So there may be few factories in China to make this sintered metal-air sparger.
The price is greatly dependent on the construction material and manufacturing difficulty. For example, the food-grade SS 316L may be more expensive than other grades of stainless steel. And a multiple air sparger design may have a higher price compared to a single air sparger design.
However, Filson provides our customers quality air spargers at a competitive and reasonable price. That’s because we export the products directly from our factory which cuts a lot of your costs. Consult our specialists for an instant quote.
Choosing the right air sparger for your application helps realize the optimal sparging efficiency at a relatively low cost of production. And when selecting the air sparger, you are supposed to consider some factors below:
- Your desired size of bubbles is determined by the pore size. So make sure that you give the right micron rating to the factory.
- Pay attention to the properties of the gas and process liquid, eg: temperature and corrosion properties. The construction material must have the ability to tolerate the condition of your application.
- Your air sparger has to withstand high mechanical shock and maximum process temperature and pressure of your system.
- Be clear about the flow rate, contact time, gas exit velocity, and the actual ability of the air compressor. These will influence the performance of your air sparger.
By the way, an air sparger is able to last for several years, but it depends on the frequency of use and the material of construction. You are recommended to clean or replace your air sparger every four months for regular.